title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Access database for workflow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Access database for workflow

It looks like dbPoweramp is maintaining a database of tracks/albums that I have ripped - is there some way to access that so that I can use it to manage my workflow - i.e. know which CD's I have ripped, know how the rip went so that I can come back and re-rip ones that didn't accurately rip at a later time, access my own star ratings for the tracks and add any other kind of status or control tags that I could use (e.g. add a tag for if I have added the album to iTunes with a default value of no).

Maybe there is something there but it wasn't obvious

Administrator

Re: Access database for workflow

If does not maintain a database of all the tracks, only the last 10 discs.

Thanks for such a speedy reply & that explains what I had seen and why I can't access the database :o

On that basis, I guess my request is for a new feature so belongs as a wishlist?

I'm seeing the development of the Asset product and pretty impressed - have made a note on that in a separate forum, any chance that you would integrate these products so that music ripped in dbPoweramp would automatically be stored in the Asset library?

Administrator

Asset will pick up any changes automatically.

dBpoweramp Guru

I have been asking spoon to add a database to the ripper for some time to avoid re-ripping discs that have already been ripped accurately or only re-rip tracks that where previously in-accurate.