title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP, Replaygain and Soundbridge

Asset UPnP, Replaygain and Soundbridge

hi all,

I'm testing Asset UPnP with my Soundbridge and it does the job - i.e. serves music to the Roku.
    Replaygain support is the main feature I'm looking for though. This works too, but with some limitations.

Since the Soundbridge cannot change the track volume according to the replaygain tags on my .flac files, I set Asset UPnP to serve the files as .wav. They play fine, however the Soundbridge cannot display the proper track information - e.g. when a track is playing, it only shows "[[File-system]]-auxx"/"Unkown artist".
    Is there a way to make it send the proper track info to the Soundbridge?

cheers,
    Ze

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP, Replaygain and Soundbridge

Use Asset v3 (in the beta section of this forum).

Thanks for your help.
    That worked.

I have now spent some more time fiddling with Asset UPnP and have a few more questions:

-This works fine as a local program, but as soon as I set it to run as a service, it stops working (all settings are kept untouched). Does one need to change something else to make it work as a service?

-My playlists are .m3u and when playing the first song on a playlist it always gives me an error. I.e. Asset UPnP can never play the first song. But if I skip to the second, all works fine. Is there a way around this?

-When Asset UPnP transcodes and sends the .flac file to the Roku as a 'replaygained' .wav file, this version is able to send the metadata info correctly (e.g. title, artist, album, etc). One field missing is the year.

-When browsing say the list of artists with Asset UPnP, the Roku displays "[A to Z]" or "[A]", "[B]", ..., according to the definitions set forth on the Asset UPnP configuration page. But I cannot find a way to browse using the Soundbridge's default mode, in which it shows the letter group on the right corner of the display. E.g. "Radiohead" would show "Radiohead <R>" on the display, when browsing for artists. Then when navigating with the -> or <- keys on the remote, the list would jump from "Radiohead <R>" to the first artist starting with "S" or "Q". This is a small detail, but it's a good way of taking advantage of the Soundbridge's display, as well as providing a good way to navigate long lists.

-One way to browse for artists or playlists is to go to "browse" and then scroll to the desired list. However the Roku's remote has specific buttons to jump directly to some lists, namely playlists, artists, composer, genres, songs and albums. Is there a way to do that with Asset UPnP?

Once again, thanks for your help.

cheers,
    Ze
    Last edited by zemanel; 10-15-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Administrator

For a service it needs to be installed to the default folder %program files%\dbpoweramp

Metadata wise it makes no difference if transcoded or not as the metadata is supplied when browsing.

The Roko might be specifically programmed to certain UPnP servers and sends fixed requests which would not work with any other UPnP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    For a service it needs to be installed to the default folder %program files%\dbpoweramp
    Why is this Spoon? Mine is installed in a different location and running as a service, seems to be ok (having modified the .ini file to point at the installation folder), but is there cause for concern?

Thanks,
    Matt

Administrator

No cause for concern if you modify the ini file, but for most people they will not do that.

Cool - well the exposed logging and config is appreciated.