title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enejtek
    • Sep 2010

Music Converter

I get "Error running Music Converter" when I right click an .m4a file to convert to an .mp3 file. I just installed R14 over the previous version after downloading the new version. When I got the error I uninstalled all of dbAmp and reinstalled. Same problem. It work great in the previous version. I am using Windows 7.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter

Do the full clear:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Reboot then reinstall. It could also be your security software which is stopping Music Converter.exe from being run.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• enejtek
      • Sep 2010

Performed all operators as requested. Still get same error. Maybe I should reinstall version 13 again. Hopefully it will work as it did before I installed the new version. Also added music converter to allow in firewall settings.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

You might want to see if dMC r14 will convert other files. If your .m4a file is an iTunes download, it may well be copy-protected. In that case, dMC cannot convert it directly.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Which security software are you using? it could be blocking dbpoweramp from running.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• enejtek
            • Sep 2010

I am using the latest McAfee Internet Security. I have configured it to allow db Music Converter. It worked well with version 13 with no configuration on my part. I just tried the whole reinstall process again. No luck. I do not download anything from Apple.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Try disabling your security software (exit it) as a test.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• enejtek
                • Sep 2010

I Did. Still no luck. "Convert to" is on the right click context menu in explorer but it only produces the same error "Error running Music Converter" when clicked. Music Converter works fine if I access it from Programs. Just takes more clicks and more time. The context menu command was much more convenient. Thanks for trying.

Comment

• whalemike
                  • Mar 2011

I have this problem too. Is there an admin who can help us? The only reason I purchased DBPoweramp (besides it being a great program) was for the ease of the context menu feature. I get the same message trying to convert flac and wav files. I will have to ask for a refund if I cannot get a fix...thanks.

Comment

• whalemike
                    • Mar 2011

BTW this happens in Windows 7, never happened to me in XP, and using the latest version of DBP music converter

Comment

• dbfan
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Jan 2011

Try uninstall dbpoweramp, reboot windows then reinstall. Also disable your virus checker as a test in case it is blocking it.

Comment

Working...

]]>