title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset Control Play FLAC's

Asset Control Play FLAC's

Hi,

I noticed when I tried to play a FLAC to the Oppd from the control interface I see the red cirlces on all the files?

In the beta notes i thought I read that the latest version would remove red circles and allow files to play.

Are Flacs an exception..

I know that due to Oppo issues no cover art etc is displayed via the Oppo, so using the Asset control point code I see the album art and selections but cant play from here.

Sure would be nice to be able to .

Any ideas

Thanks
    Alex

Administrator

Re: Asset Control Play FLAC's

I did not think the Oppo can be controlled externally, does it appear under the Zone tab?

At work I will look tonight its an Oppo BD83SE, like yours!

Alex

Spoon, Sitting here in front of the plasma screenm laptop running asset control does not show anything in zones...when I select it it starts searching and never stops. It indicates its searching for playback devices. Under Music it searches for libraries and finds my music directory, cover are, files etc but all red x'd.

Alex

Administrator

As I thought, the Oppo cannot be controlled externally.

Cool, thanks for your reply...

Whatever you do please dont change the ability for us Oppo BD83SE owners to use Asset UpnP etc that way it works now...at least we can play FLACS to the Oppo and its more than ok for me....the searching capability is fast, and I like the file folder browse capability.

I have the old Beatles and the new re-mastered Beatles and with the Squeezebox Touch it was a pain via their interface to find the two and be able to tell what you were really selecting, the new or remastered. With file/folder search this is painless!

I called Oppo and they told me that the 83 line etc was never really intended to be network aware and cover all the codecs and tags etc...I think in the future their products will become better in this area..but for now its what it is.

Ok back to work
    Alex

The issue lies with OPPO not Asset. Oppo will not allow the device to be externally controlled. This seems to be the only feature that is missing from the new 93 as well.

Does anybody know if Oppo plans to address this issue with a firmware update?