title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

GetPopUpInfo.exe...can't stop it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmoca
    • Sep 2010

GetPopUpInfo.exe...can't stop it.

I have read a plethora of topics on this and cannot seem to stop it from triggering a ZoneAlarm alert.

I am running dbPoweramp release 14 on Vista Ultimate using the ZoneAlarm Security Suite.

I have unchecked "Enable Pop-Up Information Tips" in the options. Currently the only options that I do have checked in the Music Converter tab of the options are "Convert to on Right Click", "Edit ID Tags on Right Click" and "Property Sheet Audio Properties"

Are one of these the culprit?

This seems to trigger a ZA alert every so often, when not even accessing music files.

Any ideas?

I looked over the services and didn't see it there. How can I shut this off?

Thanks in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: GetPopUpInfo.exe...can't stop it.

GetPopupinfo is a core part of dBpoweramp, it is used to read the ID tags of files, write tags, etc. ZoneAlarm should not be blocking dbpoweramp from using one of its own internal programs...
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tmoca
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      GetPopupinfo is a core part of dBpoweramp, it is used to read the ID tags of files, write tags, etc. ZoneAlarm should not be blocking dbpoweramp from using one of its own internal programs...
      But why does this process, want or need access to the internet and why would it want access at times when I am not even accessing an mp3 or a music file? It seems to happen randomly.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Answered here:

Hi. I have been using dbPoweramp for years and love it. I am also using ZoneAlarm Security Suite. Lately, ZA has been notifying me of GetPopupInfo.exe wanting access to the internet. Why does this process try to access the internet and can I tell ZA to not allow it WITHOUT affecting the process from doing what it should?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>