title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newbie Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Newbie Help

I just bought Asset UPnP and have loaded on a laptop.
    I have FLAC files in a directory on it.
    I have an ethernet cable from the laptop to a Oppo BD83SE cd player.

I dont have a Windows Home Server.

What do I need to have running on the laptop to be able to stream the FLAC files to the Oppo and to my stereo?

Thanks
    Alex

Administrator

Re: Newbie Help

Only Asset UPnP, you should check out the Beta v3 of Asset (beta section of this forum) as it has improved compatibilty with 83SE (I have one also).

Cool, I checked the win 7 firewall and added asset to it. I now see the Asser UpnP"ACER-PC in the Oppo's Home directory menu under network.

I have 413 albums and was wondering if this has any performance impact in selecting or scrolling from the oppo's interface. So far it seems to work fairly well. Sounds good too. Any comments on the impact of the transcoding to PCM ?

I was going to buy an external dac but now that asset is working and i have the SE version of the BD 83 I can enjoy the dacs in the Oppo' se section now!

So cool...I now need to figure out how to get the artwork and the title, artist up on the oppo screen from asset.

This is a great little piece of code Spoon!! Worth the $26 for sure!

Alex

Spoon, just uninstalled and installed the ver 3 beta, i noticed with 5000 tracks it took several minutes to scan the flacs on the local laptop, this maybe why i was having issues earlier not seeing stuff etc..

We will give the 3 BETA a go and see how it works.
    Thanks
    Alex

A poster on avsforums told me that the cover art etc doesnt flow when trancoding FLACS....this maybe why I only see the track and title...no artist, album or art etc...

If this is the case can this be made 'better'...sure woould add some polish here.

I tried the asset control point code and it sees the cover or album art, but you cant play flacs from it...all red circles.

That said with your asset UPnP code I have sold my Sqeezebox Touch!

The File Folder search is AWESOME.

Thanks
    Alex

Administrator

The transcoding happens later in UPnP, the 83SE should not use the embedded art rather the one the UPnP server is offering.