title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How can I use different drives with different setups?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cumulo
    • Sep 2010

How can I use different drives with different setups?

I have 2 drives:
    - drive 1 with C2 support which rips well on most of my CDs
    - drive 2 without C2 support, I use this for CDs which do not read on drive 1, as this drive reads most of those CDs.

I have 2 different profiles for these drives, one with settings appropriate for C2 support (especially Ultra Secure settings regarding number of re-reads), the other with different setting, obviously.

I wanted to use these drives now in parallel (without using batch ripper as I like to use non-commerical MetaData access) and tried to open 2 instances of CD Ripper each one with one of the profiles enabled.

I notice, that the profiles to not stay constant each in its CD Ripper instance, always the last selected profile in one instance is also set in the other instance.

Is there a way to have 2 instances with each its active profile?

Version is R14 beta.

Cheers
    cumulo
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How can I use different drives with different setups?

Drive specific stuff, such as c2 are assigned to drives not profiles. All drive specific items are highlighted in light yellow.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cumulo
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      Drive specific stuff, such as c2 are assigned to drives not profiles. All drive specific items are highlighted in light yellow.
      I figured the colored sections out to be drive specific.
      But I am talking about settings like "Minimum Ultra Passes" which are not colored.

If I open 2 instances with 2 different profiles, the 1st session will inherit the settings from profile in the 2nd opened session (yesterday this even stayed permanently in the profile of the 1st session, so destroyed my one profile. Needed to set it up again.).

shouldn'n I be able to use 2 sessions in parallel with 2 different drives and fully independent profiles for those drives?

Cheers
      Christopher

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Just tried it and Ultra Settings are profile dependant (tried switching between 2 profiles). These settings are not drive specific rather profile specific.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>