title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ReplayGain Really Necessary?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

ReplayGain Really Necessary?

Hi

I've been reading about RG from different sources. There were arguments for and against. Me as a FLAC newbie, have no idea if there are any other benefits apart from normalising the files on an album which I guess will make replay of the files with lower volume compared to non ReplayGain files?

Only reason why I am using RG is reading from your guide to good CD ripping.

I have already ripped about 90 CDs out of 858. 30 of those 90 CDs do not have RG so I just need to know if I am ripping them the right way for perfect and great sounding FLAC files. Should I continue with RG or stop?

I am streaming my FLAC files via Squeezebox Touch to my pre/power amp.

Rgds

Administrator

Re: ReplayGain Really Necessary?

It is better to have the tag even if in the short term you are not going to use it.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: ReplayGain Really Necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is better to have the tag even if in the short term you are not going to use it.
    Ok, thanks. I found out too the the Squeezebox Touch, by default, Volume Adjustment is turned off, so it's good.

Rgds