title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Last track consistently being ripped secure

Last track consistently being ripped secure

On a consistent basis my computer rips an entire CD with "Accurate" except the last track that has to be ripped "Secure." It completes the Secure rip of the last track with no problems and it sounds fine but why does it keep doing that? I feel like I've got a setting incorrect. Here's the output of the information log if it helps.

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 16' to 'F:\FLAC Music\Reel Big Fish\Turn The Radio Off\Reel Big Fish - 16 - Secret Song.flac'
    Track 16: Ripped LBA 195837 to 213617 (3:57) in 0:18. Filename: F:\FLAC Music\Reel Big Fish\Turn The Radio Off\Reel Big Fish - 16 - Secret Song.flac
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 24) Secure [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 1]
    CRC32: 450FA883 AccurateRip CRC: 079D46DE [DiscID: 016-001c0b7f-014c8110-da0b2010-16]
    Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: Last track consistently being ripped secure

Just your drive cannot read that track, you have c2 pointers on?

Also R13.5 has a bug where if you enabled overreading and the drive cannot overread it would possibly return results as you are seeing.

Re: Last track consistently being ripped secure

My C2 pointer detection was not on. I found a scratched up CD to test with and it said my drive supported C2 detection so I turned it on and that seems to have fixed the problem with the 3 CD's I re-ripped. Thanks.