title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain Really Necessary?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • souwalker
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2009

ReplayGain Really Necessary?

Hi

I've been reading about RG from different sources. There were arguments for and against. Me as a FLAC newbie, have no idea if there are any other benefits apart from normalising the files on an album which I guess will make replay of the files with lower volume compared to non ReplayGain files?

Only reason why I am using RG is reading from your guide to good CD ripping.

I have already ripped about 90 CDs out of 858. 30 of those 90 CDs do not have RG so I just need to know if I am ripping them the right way for perfect and great sounding FLAC files. Should I continue with RG or stop?

I am streaming my FLAC files via Squeezebox Touch to my pre/power amp.

Rgds
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ReplayGain Really Necessary?

It is better to have the tag even if in the short term you are not going to use it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• souwalker
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

Re: ReplayGain Really Necessary?

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is better to have the tag even if in the short term you are not going to use it.
      Ok, thanks. I found out too the the Squeezebox Touch, by default, Volume Adjustment is turned off, so it's good.

Rgds

Comment

Working...

]]>