title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: A request

A request

There used to be a thread on here (I guess it got pruned) about a request for i7 cpu hyperthreading support on multiple cores in the batch converter. I dont know why it was removed but I was wondering if there was any decision on this? I would really like to be able to set my computer to decode 8 files at once (or 16 later when the 8 core i7 comes out) and watch it fly. Imagine being able to convert an entire album in under 10 seconds! I know it used to support HT in the past with the original P4 (I have one now that I convert songs on) so why not add the support for the new HT?

Administrator

Re: A request

R14 supports 16 cores.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: A request

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0bi272 View Post
    There used to be a thread on here (I guess it got pruned) about a request for i7 cpu hyperthreading support on multiple cores in the batch converter. I dont know why it was removed but I was wondering if there was any decision on this? I would really like to be able to set my computer to decode 8 files at once (or 16 later when the 8 core i7 comes out) and watch it fly. Imagine being able to convert an entire album in under 10 seconds! I know it used to support HT in the past with the original P4 (I have one now that I convert songs on) so why not add the support for the new HT?
    I converted 81,000 tracks from FLAC to mp3 240 vbr (Slow-High Quality) in 16 hours using R14. It was amazing. Funny part was my eSata Raid 0 flac enclosure was still the bottleneck, I only have 5900 RPM drives in it. My i7 980x @ 4.13GHZ was idling along at about 65-70%.