title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atamo
    • Sep 2010

ID Tag

hello

I want to add a comment to every ripped track , so I go > Meta Data > Options > Custom & fixed value tag > create Comment named field > enter my text.
    Everything look fine but after rip ,the Comment field remain blank and a new DESCRIPTION named field appear ,that contain main text.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID Tag

This is correct for FLAC or Ogg Vorbis, because the comment tag is the description tag for these formats.

If you really want to force dbpoweramp to write as comment (which is breaking the vorbis tagging specification) you can in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced Settings and change the mapping for FLAC and ogg vorbis.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• atamo
      • Sep 2010

Thank's your help, never would have found it.....

now work fine :D

Comment

• atamo
        • Sep 2010

hello

I have the same problem with album artist ID Tag

in in dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced Settings >> have 3 options, but choose any ,(in Vorbis comment mapping 7 for example leave as albumartist) ALBUM ARTIST field remain blank & new <<album artist>> named field appear ,that contain artist name.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you right click on the track >> Edit ID Tag and there is an album artist shown, then it is being written.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• atamo
            • Sep 2010

I know it :D ,but I tired at the end of each RIP to delete this newly created area, and complete manually artist name (artist album don't changes from one track to another, is the same for all the album tracks).I did not create a new field, even if the old one remains empty.

Thank's your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>