title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Codecs

Codecs

Hey I'm new here but I've been looking over the site a little and was unable to find anyway to do this so I felt I should place a request. I would personally love to receive a codec for ".pcm" files and ".dts" files to convert them into WAV or whatever. I own multiple DVD-Audio discs and love to be able to put there high quality audio onto my IPod without any quality loss. I'm sure other people have codec requests so feel free to comment here.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Codecs

Quote Originally Posted by ODAT View Post
    Hey I'm new here but I've been looking over the site a little and was unable to find anyway to do this so I felt I should place a request. I would personally love to receive a codec for ".pcm" files and ".dts" files to convert them into WAV or whatever. I own multiple DVD-Audio discs and love to be able to put there high quality audio onto my IPod without any quality loss. I'm sure other people have codec requests so feel free to comment here.
    Just purchase DVD Audio Extractor. Google It. It will do everything you need it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    Just purchase DVD Audio Extractor. Google It. It will do everything you need it to.
    Thanks for the response Jeff. I actually have tried that but unfortunately it only outputs 48khz sample rate at 24-bit audio when it converts to ".wav" format where as I have audio that I can output to 96khz sample rate at 24-bit audio when I leave the file as a ".dts". Does anyone have suggestions in this regard besides, "Leave it in dts format"?
    Last edited by ODAT; 08-29-2010 at 05:31 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for the response Jeff. I actually have tried that but unfortunately it only outputs 48khz sample rate at 24-bit audio when it converts to ".wav" format where as I have audio that I can output to 96khz sample rate at 24-bit audio when I leave the file as a ".dts". Does anyone have suggestions in this regard besides, "Leave it in dts format"?
    Well I have to presume those are so rare there would be no point in Spoon spending any amount of time handling them.

You are going to have to get creative.

Can you pull the 24/96 dts track out? If so did you try using eac3to to convert it to flac?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    Well I have to presume those are so rare there would be no point in Spoon spending any amount of time handling them.

You are going to have to get creative.

Can you pull the 24/96 dts track out? If so did you try using eac3to to convert it to flac?
    Yes I was able to extract a lossless 96/24 dts extraction. I've started playing with eac3to about two days ago but so far no success. I have a couple of other tricks to try before giving up on eac3to. Thank you for your input.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Please let us know if you have any luck with this. I have 2 Rhino quad dts disks (96/24) that I'd love to rip properly (48 kHz is the best I can do so far).

Thanks,
    Mike

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes I was able to extract a lossless 96/24 dts extraction. I've started playing with eac3to about two days ago but so far no success. I have a couple of other tricks to try before giving up on eac3to. Thank you for your input.
    I guess it will boil down to whether the Total Media Theater DTS decoder will decode these DTS files. eac3to uses it.

If you have trouble getting eac3to configured to use TMT, which can be a task in it self, I could try and convert a sample for you and see if it work. Just PM me.