title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: I keep getting the same error message

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I keep getting the same error message

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Users\owner\Music\BearShare\Alabama\For The Record\Alabama - Dixieland Delight (Single Edit).wma' to 'C:\Users\owner\Music\Alabama - Dixieland Delight (Single Edit).mp3'

This WMA file is protected and cannot be decoded, file 'C:\Users\owner\Music\BearShare\Alabama\For The Record\Alabama - Dixieland Delight (Single Edit).wma' [clDecoder::NonInternetStreamingOpen]

Any idea what this means and why can't I convert my music? I use Bearshare to download my music, so I thought the dbpoweramp converter can convert those songs. I downloaded the codec for wma's from their website and I still am having the same problem. Thanks for any help!

Administrator

Re: I keep getting the same error message

It means that the WMA files you have are protected (copy protected), our program is not able to breadk the encryption.

Oh dear, I wish I'd have known that before I bought it. I should've looked into that. Thanks for the information.

Administrator

We do not hide we cannot decode these files:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-cent...edia-audio.htm

If these files are self ripped files on Windows, your grief should be channelled to Microsoft, it was them who locked those files to your specific PC.