title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Priority setting ignored

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christian_S
    • Oct 2008

Priority setting ignored

I have tried to use the priority setting in the options of dMC but it appears to have no effect. The chosen priority was "Below normal" but in the Task Manager the priority is listed as "Normal" for CoreConverter.exe and MusicConverter.exe. The codec used is ALAC.

dBpoweramp version is 13.5, OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I vaguely remember the same behaviour for an earlier version of dBpoweramp and 32-bit Vista.

Am I missing something or does the priority option indeed not have any effect?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Priority setting ignored

The priority is when spawning new core converters, not when changing the current one.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Christian_S
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
      The priority is when spawning new core converters, not when changing the current one.
      Am I looking at the wrong entry in task manager then? Priority still is "Below normal", but for each CoreConverter.exe that is spawned "Base Priority" is "Normal". There are processes that are displayed with "Below Normal" in the same column, so it should show.

The setting for the priority has been remembered between subsequent launches of dMC.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The thread priority is changing, rather than the process priority. You would not be able to see it in Task manager.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Christian_S
          • Oct 2008

Ah, ok, that explains it. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...

]]>