title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbPoweramp Help page needs updating

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JulianL
    • Nov 2007

dbPoweramp Help page needs updating

Hi Spoon,

I'm running the latest v14 beta and I found a link that, based on the fact that it is a file:// link to my hard drive, must be embedded in the dbPoweramp install I assume.

When getting help on installing the Nero codec I got this page opened in my browser: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Help/Codec/m4a%20Nero%20%28AAC%29%20Encoder/help.htm

The path has two links, one an html link to the Nero download form and the another a direct ftp link to the downloadable zip file. The direct ftp link still downloads the 1.3.3.0 version whereas when I went to the Nero site and downloaded it myself I found that there is a newer 1.5.1.0 version (release notes: http://www.nero.com/enu/release-note...aac-codec.html).

Maybe it would be better if these sorts of pages in the help system that depend on third party content don't go to static files on the user's hard drive but instead go to pages on your web site so that you can more easily update them when the third party involves changes something (publishes an update, has a regression issue affecting dbPoweramp or whatever).

- Julian
Working...

]]>