title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Position of mvhd chunk in m4a

Position of mvhd chunk in m4a

Hi,

I am converting a WMA lossless file to AAC LC using the m4a Nero AAC Encoder (release 10). When using no DSP, the mvhd chunk is at the beginning of the AAC file (which is the desired output). However, when using the Id Tag Processing DSP to remove all tags, the mvhd chunk is moved to the end of the AAC file, which is a problem in my case.

Is there a way to keep the mvhd chunk at the beginning at the file when removing all tags ?

Re: Position of mvhd chunk in m4a

Forgot to add that I have this issue only with tracks longer than around 1 hour.

Administrator

The mvhd is part of the moov chunk, that has moved to the end of the file also?

Yes it has moved to the end of the file as well.

Administrator

What is the size of the file in question?

The source file is a 539MB WMA Lossless for a duration of 1 hour and 17 minutes

(and it seems like I have the same problem with the Apple Lossless codec release 14 for any duration as long as I use the DSP to remove all tags)

Administrator

Looking at the code this is to be expected, it is our ID tag writing routine which will pull the moov chunk infront of the data. If no tags are being written then the default settings from the encoder are used.

Then why is the moov chunk after the data when I use the ID Tag DSP, and only for very long AAC tracks ? :(

Administrator

Because our code is not being activated to move the chunk if there are no ID tags.