title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Changing the Friendly Name from Asset UPnP: <machinename>) to "My Media Server"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guybrown
    • Aug 2010

Changing the Friendly Name from Asset UPnP: <machinename>) to "My Media Server"?

Hi All

Is it possible to change the friendly name of the server from Asset UPnP: <machinename> to a more friendly name such as "My Media Server" as you can with Twonky?

And if not - will this ability be in the next version of Asset?

Thanks

Guy
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Changing the Friendly Name from Asset UPnP: &lt;machinename&gt to &quot;My Media Server&quot;?

I do not see why not
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• guybrown
      • Aug 2010

Re: Changing the Friendly Name from Asset UPnP: &lt;machinename&gt to &quot;My Media Server&quot;?

Originally posted by Spoon
      I do not see why not
      As in:

It's possible (if so, how do you do it?)

Or

I do not see why the abilty to change the name could not be added to a future release?

Thanks

Guy
      Last edited by guybrown; 08-09-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>I do not see why the abilty to change the name could not be added to a future release?

This one.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• guybrown
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
          >I do not see why the abilty to change the name could not be added to a future release?

This one.
          OK, great!

Thanks

Guy

Comment

• jeanchris
            • Mar 2011

Yes, the feature exist in the R3 ... but running a full Premium Registered version on a Mac OS X computer with CrossOver Mac (latest version) and the friendly name seen by control points are always Asset UPnP: <server hostname>.

I've tried on a fresh native Windows XP SP3 install and got the same results :cry:

Comment

Working...

]]>