title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "SmartRip" request

"SmartRip" request

Hopefully my suggestion is better than the label I've given it, but the general idea is to have Ripper apply different re-rip settings based on rip results and re-rip until a certain rip quality or result is achieved.

I can think of one way this might be accomplished, but I'm sure there are others:

- automatically step through a sequence of user profiles to re-rip tracks that don't achieve an Accurate result (if in the AccurateRip db) or a secure result otherwise. Example: on first pass, three tracks rip accurately and two are insecure, so a different profile is used to automatically re-rip the two tracks. Perhaps allow the ability to apply 3 profiles in succession in 3 passes of an album, automatically.

If there is something about profiles that prevent changing profiles between passes, perhaps add conditional nested re-rip settings within the "Ripping Method" section of Ripper's options to accomplish the same in a single profile.
    Last edited by djs777; 07-07-2010 at 07:28 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: "SmartRip" request

secure rip basically does this already

In a basic sense some of what I want is already provided in the way that Ripper works, but to be more clear, here's what I think will improve the ability of users to get the best results in an efficient manner:

- for each of the "secure rip abort" conditions currently listed for secure ripping (number of unrecoverable frames, number of frames to re-rip, and number of minutes ripping a track), I'd like to have the option to abort, write a file with whatever Ripper has, or rip in burst mode. Ideally, I'd like to have the ability to write what Ripper has AND rip in burst mode for that track, so that I can listen to both and figure out what is best to use.

This may not seem valuable, but from a user perspective in dealing with problem discs, I think it will save lots of time in achieving the best rip.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I use EAC for discs with issues and I hesitate to recommend dbpoweramp as the right pick for "the best ripper for all situations" to friends as a result. If Ripper could add the additional rip options above, I would recommend dbpoweramp as the best ripper period.