title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac streaming problem with Denon AVR 4310

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dav1129
    • Jul 2010

Re: Problem streaming audio files with Denon AVR 4310

Originally posted by Spoon
    It is likely there is an incompatibility between the Denon and Netgear UPnP server (nothing to do with the WD drive).
    STOP PRESS.

I don’t why but I decided to drill down a little deeper into the NetGear product support pages and found that this router and I think all their routers, have a USB compatibility issue.
    It reads for example, that some USB drives which require software to be loaded onto a PC or are password protected will NOT work with WNDR3700.
    Although not on their black or white lists a call to their technical support confirmed that the compatibility issue extends to any drive over 1TB whether a USB or network (Ethernet) drive.

@ Spoon. In a way you were on the right track! So thanks for your help.

Pity there was nothing about the limitation on the product overview and specification pages! Nonetheless, good thing I found this out BEFORE I sprang for a new 4TB WE2 drive!
    So the solution for me will I think be to make do with the ME drive and a local USB connection to my notebook and server software until such time as NetGear bring out a firmware to allow drives larger than 1TB.

Comment

Working...

]]>