title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Secure Mode NOT AVAILABLE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoonie_B
    • Jun 2010

Secure Mode NOT AVAILABLE

I just downloaded the trial version and tested a disc that I had a problem with in EAC. I got the same track to show a failure with AccurateRip, as I expected. I went to implement secure mode, but it is grayed out. Can I not test this in a trial version? Seems odd.

I am running dbpR13 on Vista Business SP1 32 bit. Thanks.
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Secure Mode NOT AVAILABLE

Yes you can, unless you have had the trial installed before.

Comment

• Spoonie_B
      • Jun 2010

I might have installed a trial version a couple years ago. I was looking at a lot of things when I first started ripping audio. I didn't keep it around or use it much if I did. Now that I know what I'm doing (or at least know what I want to be able to do), and I'm ripping my entire collection, I'm looking for a permanent solution. Will I be unable to test secure ripping if I downloaded a trial 2 years ago?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoonie_B
        I might have installed a trial version a couple years ago. I was looking at a lot of things when I first started ripping audio. I didn't keep it around or use it much if I did. Now that I know what I'm doing (or at least know what I want to be able to do), and I'm ripping my entire collection, I'm looking for a permanent solution. Will I be unable to test secure ripping if I downloaded a trial 2 years ago?
        If you're going to do secure ripping with accuraterip, you really have two viable choices: dbpa or EAC. In my opinion, dbpa is much more user friendly and the metadata sources are excellent. My advice: buy the reference version and move on to your ripping. It costs less than dinner!

Comment

• Spoonie_B
          • Jun 2010

Ok, fair enough. Here are a couple questions then...

-Can I install one license on 2-3 different computers? They're all mine. Or do they require a license for each one?

-I like the fact that EAC creates a log sheet of the ripping activity. I don't see this feature in dbp. Seems unlikely, so I'm guessing that I'm missing it. Is it available and how do I engage it?

Thanks again.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

When purchasing there is the option of a Family pack for upto 5 PCs.

The Log file is set under the Secure Settings.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoonie_B
              • Jun 2010

OK, thanks. One more question: does the log file identify suspicious positions, like EAC does, so that when a track fails to rip securely, I can listen to those segments closely and see if the problems are audible?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If you enable the complete log option yes.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>