title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Comments

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Comments

Hi, just downloaded this today.
    I like it for the most part but there are a few of things that I felt that I needed to comment on.

When I ripped a CD I noted that the information on the CD didn't have a year . So I looked up the year the CD came out and put it into the drop-down at the top of Music Converter, and added a comment that this was the group's 9th album just for kicks. However after the rip was complete, Music Collection not only doesn't have the information I added it doesn't have the Album name or Genre that Converter got from freedb. What gives?

I was going to try to use CD Writer to burn a CD. So I went in and selected a sh*t-load of songs and dumped them into the tracklist. Then I tried to put them into some sort of order. Nope. This requires "Prior Thought". Hmm. I noticed that there is a greyed out option for moveto but I wasn't able to figure out how to ungrey it and/or use it. I suspect however that it would not do what I would prefer.
    I read where Donny asked for the ability to move songs up/down on the playlist and while that would be an improvement I suspect it would be "tedious" for arranging the tracks on a CD with 150 or so MP3s on it. Not one for Prior Planning I would like to suggest that the track numbers be editable. This would lead to duplicate numbers and the requirement for a renumbering function but still not that difficult. Perhaps editing a track number would require that the "track heading" sort-by button be used to renumber the tracks. Say I went in and changed track 23 to 6, 75 to 8, and 125 to 9. You could just hold those numbers firm and flow the old numbers around them. 1-5 would stay the same 6 would become 7, 7 would become 10 and so on. Probably require several iterations to get the desired order but not nearly as tedious as doing one move at a time.

I seem to be running AMP "r2" but even though I looked all over for an about-box or equivalent, I was unable to find the true version number. Please put a Version/Release number on it soon so I can tell if I have a back rev'd version . These complaints could have been fixed in a more recent version and I wouldn't even know it.

I was listening to AMP with the volume cranked up. Doing just fine. Looking for the version number when I clicked on the "Credits" button.
    What ever possesed you to put an audio cue on that window? Are you trying to put my tweeters in the neighbors lawn? Please remove that tone. Thank you.

Overall, I really like your product. I will play with it a couple more days before I register it but it looks like a keeper.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Good points.

For point 1, make sure you had 'Preserve Id Tags' checked (Audio cd input >> rip menu >> rip with options) and you are ripping to a format that can have ID Tags (wave files cannot).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Ah, OK I'm uninformed.
      I had the radio button clicked, but was ripping to wav files for later compression.

Thanks.

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

for number 4, i don't want to see the "tone" go at all. by the way what was your score :D

if your system was up that loud .... well ... :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...

]]>