title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip as One stalls at 97%

Rip as One stalls at 97%

I've tried using Rip as One for my audiobooks and goes along famously until it hits about 95% and then it slows down terribly and stalls out at 97%, never finishing...i let it go for about 10 minutes and nothing...i finally have to cancel...i've tried using Burst, unchecking "After Encoding", different encoder settings, etc. etc. etc...

any thought?

Administrator

Re: Rip as One stalls at 97%

It is possible it is the disc which is damaged (or a manufacturing defect) and the CD/DVD drive is stalling (not all drives do stall, some Sony Optiarcs with drop to a 0x0.1 ripping speed for example).

Try a different CD disc and use rip as one.

Thanks for the suggestion...i tried several different CD's, audio as well as music...no go...

I also tried in ITunes and the same thing happened...right at the end it just stalls and never finishes...

I did try on my laptop and it worked no problem, so it is most likely pointing to the fact that the drive is having issues...i've tried looking for Firmware on it (HP 840d) but can't find it...

Sorry, i mean 1040d

k, i just flashed the firmware (actually, i converted it to a Lite On LH-20A1H since that was who made it / model) and it is still stalling at 97%...i'm at a loss to explaining this...

Any ideas?

Administrator

I would try a different DVD drive if you can.