title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

secure ripping problems - read all FAQs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlbjr
    • May 2010

secure ripping problems - read all FAQs

I could not get a secure rip after enabling "C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection"; yes, my drive passed the "detect C2 support". When visiting www.daefeatures.co.uk to verify my CD drive supports C2 errors, this web site also confirms "yes".
    On several almost perfectly mint condtion CDs, while ripping, 100's of frames per track would have errors and 3-4 min tracks would take over 15 minute/track to try to re-rip the erroneous frame; obviously this will make ripping prohibitive due to the enormous time required.
    I have now unchecked "C2 Error Pointers for Error Detection" and these same CD's rip fine in 6-8 minutes and claim Accurate (65), Accurate (64), etc. per track under Rip Status.
    Looking @ the extraction log, this states Accurate (Confidence 65), etc.

How confident can I be that what I'm ripping is 100% secure with C2 Error Pointers unchecked but it appears to pass the AccurateRip standard (or so I think, is 65 or 66 good enough?). What does Confidence 65 <Accurate (65)> mean?
  • dlbjr
    • May 2010

Re: secure ripping problems - read all FAQs

Also, what is the difference in a track that's ripped "secure" versus a track that's ripped "accurate" per the audio extraction log? Which is the highest standard (i.e. most "perfect" rip), "secure" or "accurate"?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

If AccurateRip verifies the rip then you are ok. Some drives do not support c2 very well and can report bogus bad frames.

See for details on secure and accurate:

Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dlbjr
        • May 2010

Thx Spoon. So does Accurate (65) mean that this track "complies exactly" with 65 other people who've ripped this track?

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Originally posted by dlbjr
          Thx Spoon. So does Accurate (65) mean that this track "complies exactly" with 65 other people who've ripped this track?
          Yes

Comment

Working...

]]>