title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Metadata when ripping FLAC

Re: No Metadata when ripping FLAC

I have reinstall all. Now we are on the begin...
    I can see tags in old Flacfiles, but it don't save in the explorer. No errormessages.
    When i'm ripping new Flac, the ripper show the metadata but in the file are no tags.
    Apple Lossless is OK.
    The same procedure es every time...

One thing: After reset dBpoweramp and reinstall, i install codec for m4a and flac. dBpoweramp detects the codecs and i reply override them.

Administrator

I am out of ideas, sorry.

I had prevoiusly installed flac from flac-homepage. I removed this and install flac-codec from dBpoweramp. I think there's is not the right flac-codec active, or? How can i deinstall flac completely? The last way is reinstall win7, but that's no fun.

Administrator

FLAC comes as standard with dBpoweramp, if you uninstall dbpoweramp then flac uninstalls.

If you have installed the dbpoweramp DirectShow decoder, then it would be using this instead of the dbpoweramp flac codec, uninstall that instead.

Smile Re: No Metadata when ripping FLAC

After a hard work (reinstall VM Win 7 under OS X) the ripping to FLAC with tags to harddisk c is fine. When i'm ripping to a network-folder there are no tags with FLAC. But's ok.

Try the [Encode Local] utility codec, currently in beta here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=14731

Quote Originally Posted by hjsch View Post
    After a hard work (reinstall VM Win 7 under OS X) the ripping to FLAC with tags to harddisk c is fine. When i'm ripping to a network-folder there are no tags with FLAC. But's ok.
    Hi
    I just had the same issue with Flac rip (but not other formats). No metadata (or album art!) was being saved with the ripped files, although the files themselves were fine. I was trying to rip to a different drive on my local machine (E: ).
    Switched to C: and it worked fine.
    The reason I share this is I assume its a bug. Also, someone else may feel the same pain I did (and a few lost hours tearing my hair out).

Otherwise love the software.