title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Latest Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder (beta 5.7 2009-03-03)

Question Latest Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder (beta 5.7 2009-03-03)

It seems that the Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder that is available in dbpoweramp's website is a version released in 2006.

I visited Hydrogenaudio's 'Recommended Ogg Vorbis' page ( http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....ded_Ogg_Vorbis ) which led me to the aoTuV encoder webpage ( http://www.geocities.jp/aoyoume/aotuv/ ) and I saw that there was a version of aoTuv released in 2009 (Beta 5.7, which is currently the latest version).

Is there a way to use this version of aoTuV with dbpoweramp? I am willing to use the latest version of aoTuV even without the speed enhancements (Lancer). Though, if there's a version with speed enhancements, I would prefer that.

Question Re: Latest Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder (beta 5.7 2009-03-03)

I just checked out the '\encoder\' folder of dBpoweramp and saw that under the 'ogg vorbis (aoTuV SSE2)' folder, is the oggenc.exe file. The version of this file that supports the latest version of aoTuV encoder can be found at rarewares.org. Can I just replace this copy of oggenc.exe with the one available from rarewares.org and just continue ripping using the aoTuV SSE2 option in dBpoweramp?

Administrator

Re: Latest Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder (beta 5.7 2009-03-03)

Yes

Thumbs up Re: Latest Ogg Vorbis aoTuV encoder (beta 5.7 2009-03-03)

Ok, thanks.

I also would like to request that the latest version of aoTuv encoder be included in dBpoweramp's website as a download, to make it easier to install the encoder with dBpoweramp.