title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PowerFile Batch Rip Help

PowerFile Batch Rip Help

I am going to use a PowerFile C200 to rip a few thousand CDs. I had set all this up about a year ago and did a test with a system on about 100 discs. It had XP SP2, Batch Ripper 1.0.0.8, and CDGrab 13.1.0.2. It successfully ripped a batch of over 100 disc. It did seem to only use on of the two drives in the PowerFile.

I wanted to get a computer put together that would process the rips a little faster. I finally got around to setting up a faster computer this week. It has XP SP3, Batch Rip 1.3.0.0, and CDGrab 13.4.0.2. I have not been able to get it to work properly.

The Batch Ripper rips the first disc in Drive F and Drive G never rips. After the first disc rips it never swaps discs and just rejects the same disc in a loop. I do not think that Batch Ripper is controlling the changer at all. If I run the load.exe or unload.exe, they control the changer.

Does the current Batch Ripper support both drives in the PowerFile?

Do I need to install additional drivers for the PowerFile (other than the Media Changer Loader)?

What am I missing that I did the first time I set this up?
    Last edited by dasgeek; 05-16-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Administrator

Re: PowerFile Batch Rip Help

2 drives have never been tested (as the drivers were tested on the Sony XLB).

If on the drive configuration page the test (load, unload, reject) work then there is no need for extra drivers. Make sure the account has admin rights.

Changed the setting for loading method to Media Changer (I know - duh!). How do I get the Batch Ripper to stop ofter running one set of discs. Currently it wants to just keep ripping all the discs over and over.
    Last edited by dasgeek; 05-17-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Administrator

Recommended Settings: Main Page 'End After': Manual Stop. Configuration: Offer Spindle Change After (never)