title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Remove encoded ID3 tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterandthewolf
    • Apr 2010

Remove encoded ID3 tags

Hi all,

Is there a way to prevent lame encoding (I use lame with CLI Encoder) adding ID3 tags to the output file? I'm assuming lame reads the tags from the stdin stream and writes them to the output, is there a CoreConveter command line options to skip tags while decoding?

I'm currently transcoding flacs to mp3 and the flac metadata tags are written as ID3 tags in the mp3.

Thanks
    Pete
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Remove encoded ID3 tags

No dBpoweramp will be tagging after encoding. Add the DSP effect ID Tag Processing and set it to remove all tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• peterandthewolf
      • Apr 2010

Re: Remove encoded ID3 tags

Thanks spoon,

The ID Tag Processing DSP remove all tags nicely. For my purposes I want empty, padded ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. I found the below works nicely although its a two step process.

First convert the source (flac) to an intermediate wav file, removing all id3 tags

coreconverter.exe -infile="D:\temp\source.flac" -outfile="D:\temp\intermediate.wav" -convert_to="Wave" -bits="24" -dspeffect1="ID Tag Processing=-delall0 -case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}(none){qt} -importart={qt}(none){qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt}"

Then encode the mp3 from the tag-less intermediate wav using the lame ID*blooper* tag paddding options.

coreconverter.exe -infile="D:\temp\intermediate.wav" -outfile="D:\temp\final.mp3" -convert_to="CLI Encoder" -cli_encoder="C:\lame.exe" -cli_cmd="-b 320 --tc comment --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2-size 65536 {qt}[infile]{qt} {qt}[outfile]{qt}"

Thanks
      Pete

Comment

Working...

]]>