title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Compilation Path and Naming

Compilation Path and Naming

I want to adjust the default naming so that compilations list the artist in the filename. I'm using a slightly modified default naming right now.

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [composer] - [title]

That get me exactly what I want for CDs that aren't compilations. An example:
    08 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in A Minor, K. 511.flac

However, if that track were on a multi-artist compilation then the filename I want is this:
    08 Walter Gieseking - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Rondo in A Minor, K. 511.flac

How can I add the artist name to the filename just for compilations? I don't want the artist name in the filename for regular single artist CDs.

Re: Compilation Path and Naming

I think you have already the solution in your configuration and you should just use it fore the file name too.

use some keywords from your path definition
    [IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][]
    as part of your file
    [track] [IFCOMP][composer] []- [title]
    but consider that you use composer in this example instead of the artist which differs mostly in classical genre, so maybe you want to try this

[track] [IFCOMP][artist] []- [title]
    or this

[track] [IFCOMP][IFEQUALS]genre,Classical,[composer] [][IF!EQUALS]genre,Classical,[artist] [][]- [title]
    experiment by yourself with this tries

melgoth

Re: Compilation Path and Naming

Thanks for the ideas. I ended up with this and it seems to work.

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [IFCOMP][artist] - [] [composer] - [title]

I only have classical music so I don't need to distinguish between classical and non-classical. That's also why I use the composer field instead of the artist field for the non-compilation CDs.