title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is it possible to add meta data without ripping CD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swissmonkey
    • May 2010

Is it possible to add meta data without ripping CD

I have ripped a collection of CDs using EAC, but it does not have such a great meta data. So I was wondering if there is a way to use the PerfectMeta used in the dBpoweramp CD Ripper without having to re-rip the whole collections.

If not, that could be a prodouct idea.
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: Is it possible to add meta data without ripping CD

no there is not

Comment

• SteinyD
      • Jul 2010

I think this is the question I've come here looking for an answer to. I'm currently in my trial period of the software as I'm looking to do a couple of things. I'm re-ripping all of the CDs I currently have to Apple Lossless. This is going very well and enjoying the metadata capabilties of the software as well as the use of the multi-cores I have in my pc.

However, what I can't seem to be able to do is import music I ripped and no longer have the CDs for. These tracks when I ripped them (ages ago) were not ripped with common metadata and most don't have album cover art. I was hoping that I can import / bring them through dbpoweramp so that they can be updated much like information is added to rips through dbpoweramp. Is this possible? If not, is this something that is being considered? And again if not, do you know of a tool(s) that will let me do this in batch?

Thank you!
      David

Originally posted by swissmonkey
      I have ripped a collection of CDs using EAC, but it does not have such a great meta data. So I was wondering if there is a way to use the PerfectMeta used in the dBpoweramp CD Ripper without having to re-rip the whole collections.

If not, that could be a prodouct idea.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sorry it is not possible in dBpoweramp.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SteinyD
          • Jul 2010

Thanks. That answered 1 of 3 questions I posed. Is it a feature being considered for a future version?

As to my question about other apps that can do this, I found that MediaMonkey does and I believe WinAmp will do as well.

I'm deciding which audio management tool I'm going to purchase and would prefer to purchase one. I'll hold out for dbpoweramp if there are intentionst to add this feature in the not too distant future.

Thank you

Originally posted by Spoon
          Sorry it is not possible in dBpoweramp.

Comment

• SteinyD
            • Jul 2010

Hi - i'd greatly appreciate a reply.

Thank you

Originally posted by SteinyD
            Thanks. That answered 1 of 3 questions I posed. Is it a feature being considered for a future version?

As to my question about other apps that can do this, I found that MediaMonkey does and I believe WinAmp will do as well.

I'm deciding which audio management tool I'm going to purchase and would prefer to purchase one. I'll hold out for dbpoweramp if there are intentionst to add this feature in the not too distant future.

Thank you

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It is currently not being considered.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Teknojnky
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SteinyD
                there is no one perfect tool.

I use dbpoweramp reference to rip
                musicbrainz picard to tag
                mediamonkey for playback and management

Comment

Working...

]]>