title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Reading the batch log file from Run External DSP

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Question Reading the batch log file from Run External DSP

I want to configure RipNAS Essentials to notify me via Growl when a CD has finished ripping. This is possible using the Run External DSP and the growlnotify program (Growl is configured to forward notifications from my server to my desktop).

I got this to work, and it works well, however it is basic - the message I currently have just says 'Finished ripping CD'.
    I would like to be able to parse the name of the disc and perhaps the result from the log file and feed this into the notification text.
    I have managed to do this with a Perl script that reads the latest .txt file in C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Results.

However... it seems to notify me not of the CD that was just ripped, but of the one before that. I tried making my script wait a few seconds, thinking it was reading the log file before it was updated, but still no go. So, I am wondering how and when the log file is written to - presumably BatchRipper.exe does it? If so, does it do it after all the DSPs have finished? In which case, I can see why my script will never get the latest disc.

Any tips?

Administrator

Re: Reading the batch log file from Run External DSP

Batch Ripper writes the log correct, it would do it after the dsp effects.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I've tried two other routes but neither seemed to work:

1. I turned my .pl script into and .exe and put that as Post-Batch.exe in a folder called Post-Batch under the 'Auto Eject - Manual Load' Loader. Testing it via the Batch Ripper Configuration drive configuration interface works fine, but it doesn't seem to get fired when ripping via RipNAS.

2. I tried adding the command line for my script to 'Eject.cmd' which I found in C:\RipNAS-Results\Commands, but it made no difference.

How do I get the Post-Batch Loader operation to work, am I missing something?

Administrator

The batch is never ended on RipNAS.

The Run External is the way to go, make it so your .exe calls another exe (so Batch Ripper can continue, you would not wait for the other exe to exit before exiting) and pause for say 30 seconds, then read the log file.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, got it working a treat now!