title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Activating perfect metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • carefant
    • Apr 2010

Activating perfect metadata

I've just upgraded from the trial version through Power Pack to Reference, but perfect meta seems not to be activated (pop up on inserting a CD says it's disabled, and the Alt M pop-up has the metadata providers greyed out). I'm ripping some moderately obscure CDs and getting pretty good track names but almost no album art.

I've tried to activate AMG by going through the registration retrieval procedure, but there is no button other than that to re-install Reference R13.4, CD Ripper and Batch Ripper - no AMG or perfect meta option visible.

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Activating perfect metadata

The upgrade does not come with AMG, if your original Power Pack purchase was within the last year then use that order number to get the AMG activation (below the power pack download).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gweeta
      • Dec 2010

I just purchased R14 and I cannot seem to activate perfect metadata either. I do get metadata and cover art, but all providers are greyed out, and this was with pretty mainstream CDs (e.g., Lucinda Williams). Is there something I need to do to activate?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have Reference there is nothing to activate, it is permanently activated.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gweeta
          • Dec 2010

Thank you for replying so quickly.

If it's activated, why would all the metadata providers be greyed out (except the first-- not in front of my computer now, so I can't recall which it is)?

Comment

• gweeta
            • Dec 2010

Check that. Rather than waste your time, let me get back in front of the computer tonight so I can tell you exactly what I'm seeing.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If you put a disc back in which has already been looked up then they would all be greyed as it comes from the local disk cache.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gweeta
                • Dec 2010

Thanks for the reply.

I'm ripping things for the first time. When I go to Review Metadata, the metadata is there (and so far hasn't been wrong) in the left hand column, but the four buttons with the provider names are greyed out and there is nothing under them. Is that what I should be seeing? I thought I would be seeing the data from each of the providers and get to choose.

Sorry for new newb question.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Put the disc in, let the metadata be retrieved from the cache, then click the Metadata button to retrieve it live from the internet. Then when you click review metadata it should show all the providers. Also double check that when you click the drop arrow next to the metadata button that PerfectMeta, AMG, GD3, Freedb and Musicbrainz are checked.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gweeta
                    • Dec 2010

Thanks. I'll try that tonight when I get home.

Comment

• gweeta
                      • Dec 2010

It worked fine. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...

]]>