title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: naming options when using multi encoder

naming options when using multi encoder

I've been testing different set-ups in dbpoweramp and have found a 'stock' naming convention that I like when ripping to a single destination with one encoder. It gives me a separate folder per artist, with their albums listed within it. It also handles single- and multi-artist compliations well.

I'm now preparing to rip my entire CD collection from scratch to three destinations - a VBR MP3 version to iTunes; a FLAC version with some DSP settings to a NAS; and a 'clean' FLAC file as an archive on a different external hard drive.

When I set up the Multi-Encoder, I can't seem to set the naming convention to replicate what I was getting before (I want the same naming arrangements in each destination). I end up with long lists of tracks.

Am I missing something or will dbpoweramp not cope with this?
    Thanks

Administrator

Re: naming options when using multi encoder

Post your naming please.

Hi Spoon. When I'm in Multi-Encoder I'm getting [artist]/[artist] - [title] in a greyed-out window.

The naming convention I want is too long to see it all - it's about twice as long as the window in the Set File Naming pop-up. However, it's the very first of the default options in the drop down list. It starts:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE], album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track][artist][] and so on.

I wonder is the ability to select alternative naming options in Multi-Encoder a Reference version function only? I've looked at the list of differences between the versions and the Reference version includes "Music Converter Dynamic File naming" - is that what I need to be able to acheive what I want?

In case it's relevant, I was using the trial version until a week ago when I paid for the Power Pack & MP3 version.

Cheers

Administrator

Yes it is a reference feature.

I have the same naming problem and have the reference version. If I tell it to put the files in E:/artist/album-title it just puts all the files in E:/ in multi encoder mode.

dijis

Administrator

Multi Encoder has its own naming section.