title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Intel i7-620m - multiple cores

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Intel i7-620m - multiple cores

I'm about to purchase a new laptop that has the intel i7-620m, multi core chip. I've been using a dual core machine. I assume that my dbpa will use the multicores of this newer chip. Correct????
  • deadeyeinside
    • Aug 2009

Re: Intel i7-620m - multiple cores

I have that very processor in my laptop & dbpoweramp works great however I don't know what to look for with regards to multicore & dbpoweramp...

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It will work (that chip has 2 real cores and 2 pretend HT ones), so 4 will appear to dbpoweramp.

If you had the 820QM (quad core) then you should check out R14 beta which would work with the 8 cores.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• deadeyeinside
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by deadeyeinside
        I have that very processor in my laptop & dbpoweramp works great however I don't know what to look for with regards to multicore & dbpoweramp...

Whoops, I have an i7-720QM

Comment

• deadeyeinside
          • Aug 2009

There's probably no way to turn off detection of the HT "cores" or to limit the number of cores dbpoweramp uses is there? Since I have a quad core w/ HT I'd really like it to only use 4 of the cores max...

Comment

Working...

]]>