title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dbpoweramp to Foobar help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnLL
    • Apr 2010

Dbpoweramp to Foobar help

I am a newbie to both these software and I apologize for what maybe a dumb question. I had Dbpoweramp and an older version of Foobar communicating pretty well to togather re tagging. I still had more work to refine Foobar but I decided to load the current version and I completely deleted the old version before I uploaded the current version.

Now the tad info is not communicated. I am using Library view/Facets in Foobar and for my first Facet I have composer. It used to show the composer name and now it shows only Composer 1.

Please read on - I have 10 hours in this issue. In the old version of Foobar the actual music file in my music folder was a Foobar file. Now when I rip the music file in the folder is a Windows Media File. My assumption is the is that foobar will not read the tags from this file, and when I completely deleted the old version of Foobar, Windows XP reasserted itself.

That is an assumption. I have gone to All Programs> Program access and defaults>Custom>Enable current media player> disable windows media player: reboot. The rip file is still a windows media play file. Search and Google is not helping. Help most appreciated!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dbpoweramp to Foobar help

You are ripping to FLAC? or WMA?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JohnLL
      • Apr 2010

Thanks for the response. I really like your program, particularly the ease of manually modifying the meta data and the ability to convert formats. Anyway I am still a "student" trying to get the basics to work before I really start ripping the collection. I have been ripping uncompressed to wav. as I learn.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You are best ripping to FLAC.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JohnLL
          • Apr 2010

Flac solved the problem! I still do not understand why it was working with Wav. My memory is the wav file in my music folder had the foobar logo on it before I uninsulated. Nevertheless this works. Thanks John

Comment

Working...

]]>