title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip DTS Audio-CD to files

Rip DTS Audio-CD to files

Friends,

I am new at this and would like to get your help.
    My appology for a long post since I want to accurately explain the issue and my outcome desired.

I have a good 20 DTS Audio-CDs which I bought over the years to play in my home theater (DVD --> DTS amplifier). I love them because of the sound quality.

I recently consolidated my home theater to use a PlayStation 3 slim 120 as my DVD player with a Network Attached Storage (NAS) to store my music collection ripped from my regular audio CDs. I also would like to rip my DTS audio CDs to store in my NAS (or local PS3 120GB drive). It is imperative to keep the 5.1 sound quality and not to down-sample DTS audio to 2 channels stereo (the whole idea of keeping DTS quality audio).

I have been searching the net for methods to CORRECTLY rip my DTS audio CDs to files (MP3, AAC, or such) which will be played through my home theater amplifier (Onkyo HT-RC180).

My question: Is there any commercial software available that can help me to accomplish my wish? Can DBPowerAmp soft do this? Is there a one step process (as when I ripped my regular audio CDs)? or it requires multiple steps to rip/convert DTS Audio CD to a useable format?

I would appreciate your comments and inputs to help me getting my DTS CDs to my media center.

Thanks,
    Peter

Administrator

Re: Rip DTS Audio-CD to files

If you rip to wave then you can preserve the DTS and rely on an AV amplifier to decode it. You just have to make sure your pc plays bit perfect.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Try libcda: http://www.videolan.org/developers/libdca.html

I used it to convert the few (5) dts CD's I had to wave, and from there to anything of course. Note that one of my dts CD's didn't convert properly, but I can live with that.

Mike

Michael - what settings did you use in VideoLAN to convert the dts CD's to wave?
    I have tried a few settings with a couple different DVD audio discs and got bad results. I can play other DTS audio Waves just fine.

Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I don't remember. That was 3 years ago, and I only had 5 dts CD's to convert, and none since then.

Sorry,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tjock View Post
    Michael - what settings did you use in VideoLAN to convert the dts CD's to wave?
    I have tried a few settings with a couple different DVD audio discs and got bad results. I can play other DTS audio Waves just fine.

Thanks
    I think you missed the fact that Michael was talking about DTS-encoded CDs, not DVD-As. Two completely different kettles of fish. :teufel8:

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

DVD-Audio (and DVD and Blu-Ray) are easy. Just use DVD Audio Extractor (http://www.dvdae.com/dvdae/)