title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

APE albumartist tag not used for dynamic naming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainforest1155
    • Apr 2010

APE albumartist tag not used for dynamic naming

I'm having a problem with the following naming scheme and my APE music files.
    Scheme:
    [IFCOMP]VA[IFVALUE]album artist,-[album artist],[][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][] - [album]\[IFMULTI][disc][][track]-[title] - [artist]

If I convert the APE file to OGG, it ignores the album artist (which has last name of artist first followed by first name) and falls back to using the artist (first name+last name).
    But when I take that OGG output file and convert it again to OGG or back to APE, it makes use of the album artist. That suggests to me that the album artist tag was properly recognized from the APE file - it was just not used for the dynamic naming.

Here's a screenshot of the APE tags:

and one of the OGG that was created by converting the APE:

I've fiddled with this now for a hour or so changing the tag on the APE to "Album Artist" and "Band" (which was the default on MP3Tag for album artist) to see if that somehow helps, but it only resulted in dbpoweramp not recognizing the tag at all.

Also, using the DSP action to manually map albumartist to album artist doesn't help either as it's possibly done too late in the process, plus as I figured out before, the mapping of the albumartist tag seems to work fine.

In the advanced configuration, I wasn't able to find any options to mess with APE tag mappings. But then, the mapping doesn't seem to be wrong in the first place.

Or is there an issue in my naming scheme?

I'm using R14 beta (updated from my 12.4 Reference version) and Monkey Audio R10 codec which is why I posted in the beta forum.

Thanks for any insight as this is driving me a bit crazy.

Sebastian
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: APE albumartist tag not used for dynamic naming

You would want it saved as 'album artist' not 'albumartist' in the ape tags.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rainforest1155
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      You would want it saved as 'album artist' not 'albumartist' in the ape tags.
      Thanks Spoon! That worked!
      I thought I had tried that as well, but I guess I didn't.

Sebastian

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can use [ID Tag Update] utility codec to copy from albumartist to album artist on all your tracks. Use batch converter and convert to [id tag update]
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>