title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC r14 - license - mp3&flac ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • han.hof
    • Apr 2010

dMC r14 - license - mp3&flac ripping

Hello,

I'm new at this forum. Thank's for the possibility to aks my questions. :smile2:

I'd like to rip my audio cds exactly (with AccurateRip and cue sheets). EAC is not working well with windows 7. So I found dBpoweramp. And I like it. I downloaded the beta of dMC r14. And here are my questions:
    1. While testing dMC r14 I didn't have any problems. Everything seemed to work fine. Are there still bugs in the r14? If yes, what are they affecting? Can I rely on the ripped files and the cuesheet files?
    2. If I purchase a license for r13 now, can I use r14 now with this license? Or is it possible to purchase a license for r14 at this time? If not, what would be the price for an update from r13 to r14?
    3. Is there a timeline for the release of r14?
    4. I like to rip my audio cds to flac (with cue sheets) and mp3. Is it possible, to do this in one step, without start ripping a second time?

I hope, things are well for my ripping project. Thank's a lot.

han.hof
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dMC r14 - license - mp3&flac ripping

R14 would be a paid upgrade from r13, probably around $12

R14 is around 6 months away.

4) Use the multi encoder from codec central.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• han.hof
      • Apr 2010

Re: dMC r14 - license questions

Thank your for your reply, Spoon.

I've tried the multi encoder and yes, that's what I'm looking for. :smile2:
      Is it possible, to create cuesheets with the multi encoder?

Do you have an answer to these questions from my initial post:
      1. While testing dMC r14 I didn't have any problems. Everything seemed to work fine. Are there still bugs in the r14? If yes, what are they affecting? Can I rely on the ripped files and the cuesheet files?
      2. If I purchase a license for r13 now, can I use r14 right now with this license? Or is it possible to purchase a license for r14 at this time?

Thanks a lot

Comment

• rainforest1155
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by han.hof
        2. If I purchase a license for r13 now, can I use r14 right now with this license? Or is it possible to purchase a license for r14 at this time?
        I'm just a user of the software but here my 2 cents:
        1. The beta tag usually means that there can be unexpected results or problems. There may be bugs that the author doesn't know of and you may be the one that runs across them. So you shouldn't use a beta software unless you can afford (and have backup copies of all your files you handle with the software or means to get the files back from the source) to go back to square one in case you run across a bug that causes you problems.

2. From what I understand what Spoon said, you can't buy R14 now, but you can use the beta with a R13 license that you can buy now. When R14 comes out, you'll be able to buy an upgrade (around $12 as Spoon said above).

Sebastian

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Correct
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• han.hof
            • Apr 2010