title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Non-Random Play

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Lightbulb Non-Random Play

When using DAP I always have it set on Random play and then use the enqueue facility for playing certain tracks or albums. But I found that with Random off if there is nothing enqueued then it just stops playing.

What I would like to see is that if Random is off when a track finishes then it goes to the next track in the MMC list according to your sorting preferences. Also combined with this when you select next track it moves one down the MMC list or previous track moves one up (not necessarily the last track played).

This would be incredibly useful, for instance if it was playing a track off an album and you wanted to listen to the rest of the album, instead of going into MMC and enqueing it you just turn off Random and it plays the rest of the album in turn. Or you wanted to listen to the track before the one playing just turn off Random and press previous play and hey-presto there you go.

Paddy

Administrator
    Good idea

Unregistered

Re: Non-Random Play

Bump.

This is the only thing I miss about Winamp.

Sometimes when a song comes up in random play, I'd like to turn off the Random mode to listen to the rest of the album.

Re: Non-Random Play

yeah this could be cool... it would probably need a few adds to mmc, like remembering the sorting, and a bit of calc for the next song for some sortings, but I think it could be usefull...