title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Update Meta Data

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update Meta Data

Hi there,

Just purchased the deceptively powerful dbpower product and have been having fun with it for a few hours. I have a requirment for a web project to put over 20,000 tracks owned by a record publising company on their website. I plan to import these into my cms db but need to clean the files and make meta data consistent first to get a good import.

Unfortunately the catalog is a bit fragmented and mp3 versions exist but neither file locations or filenames are very consistent. I can use the batch program to archive in a nice structured and ordered way using tokens for paths from exisiting id3 data but some tracks however are missing some metadata such as genre fro example as different apps have been used to rip cd's (used the cool list plugin). Is there a way to rescan mp3's and update metadata from the online db before I rename and refile files either within dbpower or using another app.

Hope this makes sense! Seems easy of I want to re-rep from cd but can't find a way to refresh data in exsiting files!

Thanks in advance,

RR

Administrator

Re: Update Meta Data

PerfectMeta only works when ripping, for manual tagging you are possibly best with something like mp3tag.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Update Meta Data

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    PerfectMeta only works when ripping, for manual tagging you are possibly best with something like mp3tag.
    For retagging and "guessing" you might try foobar2000 with freedb tag source and mp3tag might also access freedb. Not near as good as PerfectMeta, but may be easier than reripping.