title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is there a way to get version 10?

Is there a way to get version 10?

Version 13.x doesn't work for me. I record speech as wav files, and sometimes the recordings are 6 hours or longer. The wav files are linked to a text file so that you can click on notes in a text file and it will take you to the point in the recording where the note was made. In order to make these sound files small enough to upload to a remove server, I convert the wav files to MP3s. I've been using dbpoweramp version 10 to do that. When I use version 13.x something about the conversion causes the link to be broken between the text file and the sound file. And Windows Media Player may say the sound file is, say, 5 hours long, the file will continue to play to a point that is, say, 5 hours and 10 minutes into recording, so somehow or another the converted MP3 file doesn't exactly match the original recording time and apparently that's what throws off the link between the text file and the sound file. (I hope all that made sense.)

So the computer with Version 10 has now crashed and I had to get a new computer. I'd like to get another copy of Version 10 because it didn't produce MP3s with that problem. Does anyone know where i can obtain an installable version 10? Google searches for it lead to all kinds of mess that has nothing to do with Illustrate's dbpoweramp converter.

Administrator

Re: Is there a way to get version 10?

It is likely the use of VBR (variable bitrate) which is causing the issue, try using a CBR mode.