title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CUETools DB Support

Re: CUETools DB Support

+1 for some form of support for CTDB. I have been using cuetools to fix insecure rips (to flac), and it works really nicely. If the CD is in the database, then it's often faster to rip in burst mode then fix any errors than it is to attempt to recover 1000 incorrect frames.

dBpoweramp Guru

I would still love to see it, but I think the CD ripper is now far on the back burner for spoon :(

I suspect we may see something based around Audiosafe instead; http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-v3-(Proposal)

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by guiddruid View Post
    I suspect we may see something based around Audiosafe instead; http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-v3-(Proposal)
    I know ARv3 may address this, but I have no idea how far away this is. The proposal is a 1.5 yrs old, and no public signs of progress.

I am literally using CTDB every day. I am using it to verify discs not yet in AR (CTDB is updated realtime, there is a 1+ month lag with AR) and to repair discs.

PLEASE work with Gregory to help him implement a CTDB DSP plugin!!!

dBpoweramp Guru

I still think the CUETools database is a nice complement/supplement. I recall from earlier discussions a worry that the MAFIAA could clain you were distributing content even if only a few percents of it, and the obvious solution is to open up so much that someone else (possibly in a different jurisdiction) can implement it (and take it down if necessary).

AR2 wasn't really that much of a success, and there is no point in replacing it until there is patently something way better in place (and who knows if people will be done ripping CDs then?), and in the meantime: don't replace, supplement.

And BTW, the stiffest competition supports it. Had I been in the situation of five years ago, about to start the ripping job, then I might have chosen otherwise.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    I still think the CUETools database is a nice complement/supplement. I recall from earlier discussions a worry that the MAFIAA could clain you were distributing content even if only a few percents of it, and the obvious solution is to open up so much that someone else (possibly in a different jurisdiction) can implement it (and take it down if necessary).

AR2 wasn't really that much of a success, and there is no point in replacing it until there is patently something way better in place (and who knows if people will be done ripping CDs then?), and in the meantime: don't replace, supplement.

And BTW, the stiffest competition supports it. Had I been in the situation of five years ago, about to start the ripping job, then I might have chosen otherwise.
    Clearly any concerns over distributing content are not based on fact. You can't play a single note from a correction file.

You are right that CDs are dying and planning on ARv3 at some unknown time in the future when CTDB is here and now doesn't make sense. EAC supports CTDB (though not well enough to do in ripper repairs...)

Gregory has expressed significant interest in helping to get CTDB into dBpoweramp, and having it doesn't preclude AR3 from moving forward with its own track based correction system.

dBpoweramp Guru

You don't need facts when you got RIAA lawyers ... anyway, in case it is a worry, it is a further case for allowing external components.

But full integration, akin to the way dBpoweramp checks against AccurateRip through the process, would certainly be A Good Thing. CTDB is the missing feature which - more or less - has leveled the scales.