title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdr
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2008

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Originally posted by dvdr
    Just did another database-rebuild, now the "unknown conductor"-problem seems to be limited to Songbook alone. Will keep an eye on it and do some more testing...
    The "unkown conductor"-problem is back for Songbook AND Plugplayer....
    Strange...

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

@mville please describe more 'sort problem only occurs for Album Artists with only 2 albums. If the Album Artist has 1 album or 3 or more albums, the sort order is correct. I guess this is a minor development bug.'

It would be a strange bug for this to be the case.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JoeBroesel
        • Dec 2008

Hi,
        after I installed the newest Beta, when browsing through folders, I have all folders, even those with the dot in the folder name, but no more files.

When I browse through advanced search, everything works fine. I even have access to the music-files.

Comment

• pinkd10
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by pinkd10
          Since 3 days i use v3 premium. Very brilliant software. I have a Oppo BDP-83 SE and especially i use it for my in flac converted personal CD collection. It's a very great sound.

But i have a problem with my "m3u-playlists". How can i play my playlists?
          Hi Spoon,

i can play playlists with mp3-titles without any problem. If i will play a playlist with mp3-titles und lpcm-titles (from flac converted) than the oppo plays only the mp3-titles.

Is my problem a Asset v3 Beta-bug? If it is a bug problem. Do you think to fix it with one of the next Beta-releases.

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

>"I have all folders, even those with the dot in the folder name, but no more files."

You do not have tracks listed in the folders?

@pinkd10 - for playlists Asset will pass out only the files as is.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
              @mville please describe more 'sort problem only occurs for Album Artists with only 2 albums. If the Album Artist has 1 album or 3 or more albums, the sort order is correct. I guess this is a minor development bug.'

It would be a strange bug for this to be the case.
              Asset UPNP config Browse Tree is configured as follows:

Root
              - Album Artist / Album (A to Z ticked, No Track Listing ticked)
              Album by Release

Asset Control lists all Album Artists correctly, of which there are 40 Album Artists. There are a total of 158 albums.

However, the albums are only sorted by year correctly (i.e. newest first) if there are 3 or more albums under each artist. All my artists with 2 albums are sorted in reverse (i.e. oldest first). Artists with only 1 album, it is not possible to state the sort order because there is only 1 album.

All files are flac, and the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe is showing the YEAR correctly. Asset Control also dispalys the year correctly.

This scenario for me is consistent. I hope someone else can also confirm this behaviour.

Comment

• pinkd10
                • Jun 2010

@pinkd10 - for playlists Asset will pass out only the files as is.[/QUOTE]

Hi Spoon,

thanks for the information. But this is a big problem for me. I have converted many CDs from my own collection in flac and i hear the music mainly with playlists.

Is there a chance that Asset v3 can convert flac files from playlists in one of the next Asset v3 releases also in lpcm? I think that this is not only my problem. The same problem is to convert AAC in "mp3 320". I would be very happy if Asset convert in lpcm and mp3 320 in the near future.

If Asset cannot convert playlists in the future can i convert flac in lpcm with dbpoweramp reference? I haven't seen any information in the forum.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

• pinkd10
                  • Jun 2010

Originally posted by pinkd10
                  @pinkd10 - for playlists Asset will pass out only the files as is.
                  Hi Spoon,

thanks for the information. But this is a big problem for me. I have converted many CDs from my own collection in flac and i hear the music mainly with playlists.

Is there a chance that Asset v3 can convert flac files from playlists in one of the next Asset v3 releases also in lpcm? I think that this is not only my problem. The same problem is to convert AAC in "mp3 320". I would be very happy if Asset convert in lpcm and mp3 320 in the near future.

If Asset cannot convert playlists in the future can i convert flac in lpcm with dbpoweramp reference? I haven't seen any information in the forum.

Many thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Hi Spoon,

i would be very happy if you can answer my questions.

I have seen, that Foobar2000 UPNP can convert Playlists to LPCM. I hope that Asset UPNP v3 could do that in the near future too. Asset UPNP is a very good program but convert playlists to lpcm is very important for me. I have bought the premium edition and hope that you can help.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Your playlists contain files from your computer? or internet URLs?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pinkd10
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                      Your playlists contain files from your computer? or internet URLs?
                      My playlists only contain files from my computer (flac, aac from itunes store and mp3).

With my playlists i cannot convert flac in lpcm and aac in mp3 320) to hear it at the Oppo BD 83 SE.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

I will add this item to be tested.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ServerBaboon
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2009

I have a bitof a weird one, WMP12 sees the asset server, can play files from the asset server but wmp12 lists each track a number of times so after a few mins instead of 10 tracks for a cd there are 40 or 50.

I have deleted the asset database as per the latest beta instructions and I have also deleted all the WMP database files as well but still get the same thing.
                          Last edited by ServerBaboon; 06-18-2010, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• mville
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mville
                            Asset UPNP config Browse Tree is configured as follows:

Root
                            - Album Artist / Album (A to Z ticked, No Track Listing ticked)
                            Album by Release

Asset Control lists all Album Artists correctly, of which there are 40 Album Artists. There are a total of 158 albums.

However, the albums are only sorted by year correctly (i.e. newest first) if there are 3 or more albums under each artist. All my artists with 2 albums are sorted in reverse (i.e. oldest first). Artists with only 1 album, it is not possible to state the sort order because there is only 1 album.

All files are flac, and the uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe is showing the YEAR correctly. Asset Control also dispalys the year correctly.
                            Have gone back to Asset UPNP v.2.1 and all albums are sorted correctly, i.e. Album by Release. This is not the case with Asset UPNP v.3 beta 16 June.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

@ServerBaboon

When did you update asset install? the new version a couple of days ago fixed wmp listings
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ServerBaboon
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Sep 2009

Updated 17th June.

Will try again in case I messed it up. :o

However as per my Sony Bravia post the exe version is 2.9.9.
                                Last edited by ServerBaboon; 06-18-2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Working...

]]>