title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Hello everybody!

I really enjoy using Asset UPnP v3 with 16bit/44,1kHz material but although I downloaded this version http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=19807 I still get white noise every second when I play 24bit/96kHz material.
    Is there a certain setting I forgot (I unchecked 24bit playback) or did I download the wrong version of v3?
    I was wondering about the latter because it says "Last edited by Spoon; 05-20-2010 at 05:35 AM" in the post while the white noise issue has been resolved on the 05-27-2010.
    I'd appreciate your help!

Regards,

nosurrender

Administrator

Playback on which device?

Administrator

@Petes

Close down asset, then enable the debug option in Asset Configuration, let it do a scan, and the next one then stop asset and look in the log, it will state what triggered the scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Playback on which device?
    Playback on Oppo BDP-80.

@Petes

Close down asset, then enable the debug option in Asset Configuration, let it do a scan, and the next one then stop asset and look in the log, it will state what triggered the scan.
    Hi Spoon

So, I don't see alot in the log file - just that it finishes scanning, having skipped some files as "in use", and then starts again. Could I email it to you to see if there's anything you can tell me?

pete S

Administrator

Yes please email:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

nosurrender - make sure you unninstall the old version first, we keep the version numbers the same for a beta so to get the lastest install uninstall (install v2.1 registered if you have that), then v3 over the top.

Thank you for your answer!
    Since the BDP-80 only supports UPnP since a firmware update two days ago, I had no other version of Asset UPnP installed before that.
    I just installed the newest beta version and found myself confronted with the white noise issues.
    Do you think uninstalling the beta and installing v2.1 would still be worth a try?

Regards,

nosurrender

Administrator

It is worth a try, also try playing back through your PC (with the force to LPCM option selected), you can install dbpoweramp renaissance to enable the PC to become a UPnP Renderer (player):

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17415

This will test lpcm playback, it could be the bdp-80 has an issue where as the bdp-83 does not.

Quote Originally Posted by petes View Post
    Hi Spoon

So, I don't see alot in the log file - just that it finishes scanning, having skipped some files as "in use", and then starts again. Could I email it to you to see if there's anything you can tell me?

pete S
    @spoon

OK - worked something out. It's actually something to do with WMP12 / Win 7. When WMP12 hits the server to get a list of tracks, it's causing the server to rescan it's db. Tried some other clients today, and it's nice and stable. As soon as I point WMP12 at Asset, the server goes into constant rebuilding mode.

Administrator

WMP is accessing the music through UPnP only (asset)?

WMP is accessing the music through UPnP only (asset)?
    Yep - I've turned off "sharing" on the server completely and I can have WMP running and nothing happens on the server. As soon as I point WMP at Asset, it starts its rebuild right away.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Are V3-betas from 25.&26.5 mistakedly putting out "Conductor"-tag-entries into Plugplayer/Songbook, where the Artist should appear in the playlist and Playing Now?
    What I see in Playing Now is:

Track title
    Album title
    (unknown conductor)

if the track does not have a conductor's tag, otherwise, the conductor's name is displayed there.

With all previous versions, I saw:

Track title
    Album title
    Artist

Administrator

@dvdr - yes I think it is, I will look into this.

@petes - when you say that asset is reindexing its database - you can see in Asset Configuration that is it 'Counting Tracks', etc?

Administrator

I have tested the latest version of Asset (released today 5th June) against the latest KinskyDesktop v3.3.6 and the 'Composer as Artist' does not seem to be an issue.

If anyone who was having troubles if you can try the latest Asset and do a full rebuild of the database.

I have tested the latest version of Asset (released today 5th June) against the latest KinskyDesktop v3.3.6 and the 'Composer as Artist' does not seem to be an issue.

If anyone who was having troubles if you can try the latest Asset and do a full rebuild of the database.
    I'm still having this issue on WHS.
    Deleted the old one and installed the one that is currently linked to download.
    Did a full rebuild, then another just in case, but no go.

Please let me know if there's any debug info I can gather.
    thanks