title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    There is a huge update for Asset v3 soon...
    I'm very curious and excited to see what lies in wait :smile:

A good touch screen control point co-operating with a good server would be like all my Christmases coming at once ...

Regards
    Ebe

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you already have v3 do we need to uninistall before installing today's beta?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ServerBaboon View Post
    If you already have v3 do we need to uninistall before installing today's beta?
    Furthermore: I have extended the database setup with addtional fields and adjusted the browse-tree accordingly (f.e. "solo instrument", "work", "movement"). Any need to deinstall that first or can I just update?

And, I don't want to miss to congratulate on that development - again, it's a great step forward, Asset stays way above other products!!!! Thanks!

Administrator

The previous version (even old beta) should be uninstalled.

Note that in:

AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\

There are new AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev3.txt and MediaDatabaseFieldsv3.txt, because v3 now corrects the limitations of previous trees.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The previous version (even old beta) should be uninstalled.
    Note that in:
    AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\
    There are new AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev3.txt and MediaDatabaseFieldsv3.txt, because v3 now corrects the limitations of previous trees.
    Coll, thanks for the info.
    Is there any way we can edit, or contribute to you for the great idea of artist "replacement"? I have a list of classical composers, that are written in various forms
    for example:
    Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky
    Piotr Il'yich Tchaikowsky
    Peter Tchaikovksi
    and a lot of nonsense stuff in various databases

Administrator

There is no manual table mapping, rather smart mapping, ie:

The XXXX and XXXX
    X.XX and XXX
    XX' and XX

also accented characters are compared to non-accented.

Any news on WMP12 compatibility - I know that WMP12 is a bit problematic in its implementation of DNLA, but this beta seems to be just the same as earlier betas.

Edit : Actually - scrap that. Initially when it started to index I again got all the multiple entries again, but oddly they seem to have disseapeared so may have jumped the gun. Strange....
    Last edited by petes; 05-21-2010 at 03:06 PM.

So, once it's done it "Combining Artists" tasks, it seem to be fine now in terms of building the track lists :-). However, WMP12 won't actually play the content when it's a FLAC file. I've got all the codecs and tag support etc. installed, but WMP won't play the URL. Any ideas?

Administrator

Set FLAC to serve 'as wav' because I am not sure that WMP even with plug-ins for FLAC will stream it through upnp.

Thanks Spoon. WAV works fine - just wanted to see if it would work natively. Ah well..... One other thing - the server seems to constantly scanning the directory. I've tried turning off scanning in advanced config - in case something else was interfering, but it keeps on rescanning. Is there another way to turn off scanning and make it manual?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

First small feedback:
    What a step forward - great job!!!!!
    Works like a charm, although I noted some minor glitches - I'll post them, once I really can verify, that it's not due to a mis-tagging on my side.

Indexing of m4b-audiobook-files still takes a long time (I am talking of files the size of 60 t0 120Mb!) - this may be caused by the way, tags are stored in those files. Maybe, a different readout-routine for m4b/mp4 could help? But I am not sure about that, since I am not familiar with the specs of m4b/mp4-tagging....

Two questions, though:

1.) Obviously, "composersortorder" and other "....sortorder"s are working, since for example for "composers", I do get different sortings, which are a bit tricky. Example:
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is sorted under
    "W" (Displaying Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart) if the ripped disc does not have a composersortorder tag, but only the normal composer tag "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart"

but it is sorted under

"M", when in addtion to the composer-tag, there is a composersortorder tag entry "Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus". It is sorted under M, but still it is displayed as "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart"
    I know, that this is the way it is supposed to be.
    My only question is: only my newer ripped discs do have that "sortorder" entries for Composer, Artists, Conductor. The older ones don't, so I will have to search them under different letters. Does anyone know of a handy tool, that can index those files (I have mostly flac, some wma, some apple lossless and let me mass-retag them (for example search for composer "Liszt", select all found files and do an "edit id-tag" and add the composersortorder-tag "Liszt, Franz"?

2.) I do have additional tag-entries like "Solo Instrument", "Lyricst" etc. in my files. I added those tag names to the database as well, adding appropriate entries to the database-configuration-file like Spoon once explained. This still works fine. Only problem: Some ot these tag-fields are set to allow multiple entries (option "5" in the configuration entry), but Asset does not recognize them as multiple entries.
    For example "Lyricist":
    Tag-entry would be Name1; Name2; Name3
    Browsing Lyricists would not show Name1, Name2 and Name3 as separate entries, but as a single entry displaying "Name1; Name2; Name3".
    This happens with all newly defined database-tag-entries, that are configured to allow multiple entries.
    Is there any way to overcome this or am I doing something wrong here?

Suggestion: something like a "add tag to the database" editing option (like the browse-tree editing option (I uns the WHS add-in)) would be very handy, if ever possible....

Again, thanks for the great update!

Administrator

browse to:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

and run:

uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe

It will dump you whole database, save the notepad to a .xls and open in Excel to view.

2) Multiples are trimmed to a maximum of 3 per tag now (internally), this was to get the size and speed of the database up.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

browse to:
    C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp
    and run:
    uMediaLibrary-dumpdb.exe
    It will dump you whole database, save the notepad to a .xls and open in Excel to view.
    Great idea, thanks. This gets the database right...
    Does anyone have an idea how to "cure things at the root" - in other words: is there any search utility, that is capable to browse thousands of flac files and sort them according to tags, so I can mass-edit tags of those files?

2) Multiples are trimmed to a maximum of 3 per tag now (internally), this was to get the size and speed of the database up.
    Spoon, even with only two different entries, it will show up non-separated...
    Example: I created a tag-value & database-entry for "Solo Instrument" and entered the value "Piano; Cello" and when I browse "Solo Instrument", I do get "Piano; Cello" instead of "Piano" and "Cello".
    Same happened with Lyricists, when there are two lyricists...
    Any advice, what I should do?

v3 has some very nice enhancements. I have only found one issue (bug?); Playlists don't get the correct metadata from tracks, specifically the conductor tag data appears where the artist tag data should be displayed.

Administrator

Dave,

Which control point are you using? also for the playlist item to show metadata, it must be somewhere in the Artist / Album tree, if you browse to it does it show correctly that way?