title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset UPnP v3 & Compilations - display problems

Hi,

I am still using the updated version V3 beta from November 30th.
    Since I read, that you will take up work on v3 soon, I have something that might be worth looking into: the display of compilation albums in both "browse" and "currently playing" windows.

I have a lot of musicals - and each track's ID tags are filled as follows:

ARTIST: each track's artist - delimited by ; if there are several artists for a track, which in musicals is quite likely

ALBUM ARTIST: the cast information, such as "Original London Cast 1997" etc.

COMPILATION: 1 - since there are different artists for each track, it certainly is a compilation

ALBUM: the musical's name

Right now, in all my control software, from Kinsky Desktop over PlugPlayer to Songbook, the track information does display both artist AND title.
    You can imagine, that if a track just has two artists/singers (not to talk of quartets or quintets), I can't even see the track title anymore, since it's shifted way back.
    Furthermore, upon playback, "now playing" displays the Album Artist as the artist of the currently playing song, which for compilations also is not a valid display.

Do you see any chance to resolve that or would that affect the display of other compilation albums - such as "best of the 80's" etc. - in a way, that makes them display wrong information?

Thanks for considering...

Re: Asset UPnP v3

I still get sound distortion not matter which station I play I can't use beta 3

Just installed Asset UPnP v3 beta for Windows Home Server. Noticed some things:

* When I look at an album, the tracks are listed in alphabetical order by title rather than in track order. It was correctly in track order in version 2.1.[/LI]

* Playlists don't get the correct metadata from tracks (title, artist, etc.) and they don't transcode. For example, I have AAC and M4A getting transcoded to LPCM. This works fine if I navigate to an AAC album through the Album/Artist containers, but if I try to go through a Playlist then my PS3 gives me "This data type is not supported." If I select an MP3 or something else from the playlist that the PS3 natively recognizes, the song will properly play.

* Album art doesn't show up on Apple Lossless tracks. Not sure if maybe Asset is still indexing or what, but I recall this working fine in 2.1 as well.

Thanks,
    -T

Administrator

The first 2 are down to it being a beta, for the last one, clear the database (by doing a refresh all) and look in the %appdata%\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary\AlbumArtv2

folder to see if asset read the art.

After a little investigation, it turns out some album art is showing up for Apple Lossless tracks - the tracks without album art are ones that iTunes downloaded the art for. I'll have to write a script to run through those and embed the art directly into the tracks.

Administrator

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

All discussions relating to Asset UPnP v3

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Oppo BDP-83 is still not functioning with folder & file name browsing. Before it would show the folders and files but not play them. Now it shows nothing at all.

Hi,

Does this version, or any version as a matter of fact, support wake-on-LAN mechanism? I am using Onkyo TX-NR807 receiver and have a dedicated server system in my LAN (configured as "green" PC, so goind in standby/hibernate mode when in idle for certain time) - with Windows Media Player, when system is in hibernate mode, it's marked as "x" on its LCD or in the on-screen GUI (standard is "o") - choosing it as DLNA server I want to use wakes the server up after a few seconds and I can use the content stored there. For Asset nothing like that happens and every attempt to choose this DLNA server as the source does not wake the system up.

Maybe it's a matter of certain TCP/UDP ports mappings, maybe Onkyo is traying to access only the standard ones used by WMP already.

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks,
    Pawel

Administrator

Wake on lan is more of a system wide setting, rather than application (after-all the system is not running for the application to do anything). Trouble with UPnP and WOL is that upnp works by server >> control point advertising its self, if the system is off then it would vanish from the list of upnp servers after a short while.

I understand, but for some reason it works for WMP. It looks like receiver keeps some data about where WMP (Media Server) is located, like MAC address of the NIC in that system, and is able to see when that Media Server goes into off (hibernate mode). Automatically marks that as "x" (WMP sending an info about that?). When I choose WMP-based Media Center in receiver menu, it seems that receiver sends a wake-up magic packet (broadcasting MAC address) and my server wakes up. I wonder why it does not work for Asset. It's same PC, same system. Any idea if this can be implemented somehow to work same way for Asset?

Thanks,
    Pawel

I got an Onkyo TX-NR3007 which supports DLNA streaming and I found that while the manual claims support of WAV and LPCM formats (p.124) it only seems to work with forced WAV streaming - forced LPCM doesn't work with it.

Playstation 3 seems to work fine with either format.

Xbox 360 only seems to work with forced LPCM.

...which means it looks like I have to choose two of three devices to use. Unfortunate.

I'm not sure if the compatibility issues can be resolved or not, but if they can't, it'd be nice to have the ability to run two "instances" of the service - one that forces LPCM, one that forces WAV - from the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by tillig View Post
    I got an Onkyo TX-NR3007 which supports DLNA streaming and I found that while the manual claims support of WAV and LPCM formats (p.124) it only seems to work with forced WAV streaming - forced LPCM doesn't work with it.

Playstation 3 seems to work fine with either format.

Xbox 360 only seems to work with forced LPCM.

...which means it looks like I have to choose two of three devices to use. Unfortunate.

I'm not sure if the compatibility issues can be resolved or not, but if they can't, it'd be nice to have the ability to run two "instances" of the service - one that forces LPCM, one that forces WAV - from the same box.
    Almost same here, my Onyko 906 does WAV, the Oppo BD-83 only LPCM. But in my case, I'm going to only use the Onkyo, it does AAC, MP3, and forces FLAC to WAV, which should be "lossless" anyways. Reason to abandon anymore tests with the Oppo, is under Asset 2.1, both folders, ARTIST, and TITLE folders will NOT open, some other folders do, but those two are perhaps too large for the Oppo to "understand", while under the Onkyo, those folders open instantly. Granted the Oppo DNLA support is considered Beta at this point, and Asset 3.x is beta, and I don't think I'll be beta testing that until it's "final".

When is the next update for Asset v3 planned?

i have a large music library, and when i have to do a "rescan all", re-install, or upgrade, it seems to drop my playlist history from the dynamic playlists. i really like the dynamic playlists. so i wrote a script to pull in songs from my static m3u playlist and "seed" the dynamic list with a couple hundred of my favorite songs. i know this isn't something you support, but would be easy to add as a cool feature to asset.

what do you think? anyone else interested?

Code:
    ---script written in powershell and requires a .net sqlite3 provider.  -------
    ---------i used this one: http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com/------------

Clear-Host

try{
        [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files (x86)\SQLite.NET\bin\x64\System.Data.SQLite.dll") | Out-Null
    }
    catch{
        [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files\SQLite.NET\bin\System.Data.SQLite.dll") | Out-Null
    }

$m3ufile = Get-Content "c:\temp\biglist.m3u" 

$cn = New-Object -TypeName System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection

$cn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=C:\temp\uMediaLibraryMainDBv2.bin"

foreach ($row in $m3ufile){
    if($row.Length -gt 10 -and $row.StartsWith('*blooper*EXTINF')){

$cn.Open()
       $cm = New-Object -TypeName System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand
       $sql = 'update uMediaTable SET PlayCount ="10" where filename like "%'+ $row.Remove(0,10) + '"' 
       $sql
       $cm = New-Object -TypeName System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand($sql,$cn)
       $dr = $cm.ExecuteNonQuery()
       $cn.Close()
       }
    }

Administrator

There is a huge update for Asset v3 soon...