title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guybrown
    • Aug 2010

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Originally posted by Spoon
    If you could be so kind to switch on the debug log and playback a file with both Asset v3 and v2, I am sure we will get to the bottom of this. There is a bug in the current beta which means the size is reported wrong for transcoded files (at the browse stage), the Onkyo might be choosing a WAV or LPCM stream that asset offers. The next beta will solve this bug.
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting the debug info to you, I have been having a few issues with my server! I'll get it to you shortly.

Thanks

Guy

Comment

• guybrown
      • Aug 2010

It works for me (just tested) in the version of Asset I am about to upload (couple of days at most), this version should be close to the final version.
      Hi,

A while ago I asked for the functionality to be able to give Asset UPnP a custom/friendly name such as "My Media Sever" - will this be in the next release?

Thanks

Guy

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mactavish
          • Apr 2010

Yes
          I just uninstalled Asset 2.1 under Crossover 9.0.1 on my Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.4, and installed the latest beta 3.x. My Onkyo 906 AVR is now playing my FLAC files, located in a folder where I keep all my iTunes music files. So SUCCESS, finally!

I would like to however ask once again, that you make your NEW Beta announcements EASIER to find, and give the BETA versions an actual number. A sticky or actual NEW announcement on your forum would follow most standard practices, and allow us beta users to help you a lot more. As you continue to do this practice, I have to follow the beta thread, and guess when you are uploading a new beta version, then check the main thread, which means looking at the first thread, which of course shows only the original post date of long a go, and then look at the bottom of that post to see you made an "update", but the files still show as generic, meaning for XP "AssetUPnP-XP.exe", one would have NO clue if this is 2.1 or 3.x beta! I had to download it, and compare the file creation dates and size to make an assumption that this was the beta 3.x, and I still was NOT sure, so I rolled the dice and did the uninstall and then install. Not sure why you folks make this so difficult. You guys obviously write some great software and must be really smart, so I can only hope you take this advice for what is is worth.

Try and make it EASY for us Mac users and others, to find out about and know what versions we are downloading and trying, give the beta releases their own beta numbers, like 3.1b, etc. and make a NEW announcement in the forum, instead of taking the easy way and just updating old posts, which just adds confusion. Two simple steps to making your program easier to download and try.

Thanks again for the updates, keep up the good work, just make some small improvements on finding them, and I think it will help your business, as I almost deleted everything as getting to this point was more work then it needs to be!

BTW: The FLAC files playing on the AVR show as WAVE files, but I don't really care, as long as they play, perhaps there is an explanation though?
          Last edited by Mactavish; 08-20-2010, 01:00 AM. Reason: Flac as Wave?

Comment

• tillig
            • Aug 2009

I'm gathering that no one has playlists working from Windows Home Server?

Comment

• guybrown
              • Aug 2010

Yes
              Great!

I'll get you that debug info soon! My home server died and need restoring, hence the delay!

When is the new version available?

Thanks

Guy

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Since yesterday.

@tillig - please give more details on your playlists? how were they created? what folder are they in?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Try and make it EASY for us Mac users and others, to find out about and know what versions we are downloading and trying, give the beta releases their own beta numbers, like 3.1b, etc. and make a NEW announcement in the forum, instead of taking the easy way and just updating old posts, which just adds confusion. Two simple steps to making your program easier to download and try.
                  We announce on the download thread when there are changes. Betas are betas, they have wrong versions, incomplete help documentation, might have sections which regress (stop working) between developments. The version number will stick at 2.9.9 for this beta, if we released 3.1b, then the full release is 3.0 we get many confusion emails about which is the latest.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mactavish
                    • Apr 2010

We announce on the download thread when there are changes. Betas are betas, they have wrong versions, incomplete help documentation, might have sections which regress (stop working) between developments. The version number will stick at 2.9.9 for this beta, if we released 3.1b, then the full release is 3.0 we get many confusion emails about which is the latest.
                    By download thread I assume you mean http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=19807

TITLE: "Asset UPnP v3"
                    ORIGINAL POST DATE: 10-13-2009
                    XP version is only listed as ""AssetUPnP-XP.exe"

There is a list of "CHANGES", but NO DATE!

The only date listed is the tiny print at bottom of post showing when the post was changed by you, meaning "edited", in this case "8-19-2010".

First, it's your company, your forum, but I think there would be a better way to announce new beta versions then this way, unless there is another forum link or post that I have yet to find. Seeing just ""AssetUPnP-XP.exe", makes it hard for me to determine if it's a NEW beta or not, and under Crossover, I don't know how to check version numbers. I understand you ran out of numbers past 2.9.9, but you possibly could add a "digit", like 2.9.9.x and add a "b" for BETA version.

As it is now, don't know how you get feedback if the beta users can't tell you what version they have downloaded and are running?

Just trying to offer some improvement suggestions.
                    Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

That is the correct thread, look at the bottom of the thread, each update is announced individually, listing the changes does to that update.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davel
                        • Jun 2010

Just catching up with latest beta, thanks Spoon for dropping the empty folders!

Comment

• audiokaas
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jan 2010

I love the album by release.
                          Unfortunately the order presented is not by release but by album name
                          So album A from 2000 comes before album B from 2010.
                          I hope this is a regression

Also choosing the "The Beatles" I have to search Artist under T in spite of setting the album handling as smart.

Artist also seems to mean Albumartist and not artist. I don't like that, is there a way to get artist meaning the entries tagged under the artist tag and not albumartist.

Thanks for looking into this.
                          Last edited by audiokaas; 08-22-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• audiokaas
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by audiokaas

Also choosing the "The Beatles" I have to search Artist under T in spite of setting the album handling as smart.

Artist also seems to mean Albumartist and not artist. I don't like that, is there a way to get artist meaning the entries tagged under the artist tag and not albumartist.

Also when selecting artist all artist from the compilation albums are included, to my mind this is not desired?

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by audiokaas

Your control point is possibly the one doing the sorting here, Asset Control and KinskyDesktop both show everything in the correct order.

Also when selecting artist all artist from the compilation albums are included, to my mind this is not desired?
                              If you do not want compilation artists then:

Advanced Search >> Album Artist / Album
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mactavish
                                • Apr 2010

That is the correct thread, look at the bottom of the thread, each update is announced individually, listing the changes does to that update.
                                I'm done with suggestions, you are not understanding my suggestions for both how beta versions have no version numbers and are therefore un-trackable, and how you like to announce them, also difficult to keep up with, in the current way you do it (using an old thread and just adding update change text). Your choice, totally un-standard and difficult for the casual user like myself.

Comment

Working...

]]>