title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

The PC Sound Capture [WASAPI] is streamimg mp3?

It shows 256kps 44.1kz mp3 in KinskyDesktop

I am experince the same problem. What is its status?

Just wanted to drop a note in. I have noticed flac files on my server when played on my wdtv live may show a time of 3 mins (3:00) , but the song might really be 4 min :30 secs. When I reach the 3 min mark the player thinks its over and plays next sound in sequence (even tho the song is not over). Not sure, but need to confirm that my ezstream unit is playing mp3 files ok but not sure if any transcoding is happening. I have the debug log enabled. Would it be worth forwarding the info to you?

//lasse

Administrator

@muka - see Asset Configuration >> Advanced, you can set the WASAPI to stream as Wave

@lg.linstrom - the last update fixed this, uninstall your existing version, download the latest and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @muka - see Asset Configuration >> Advanced, you can set the WASAPI to stream as Wave

@lg.linstrom - the last update fixed this, uninstall your existing version, download the latest and reinstall.
    The default is as is, does it mean that the audio stream is in mp3 format even through I am play a FLAC file?

Administrator

Yes, the recorder has no idea that you are playing a mp3, or FLAC.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this:

I have Apple Lossless and AAC music all with .m4a extensions. (That's how iTunes deals with it.) I have ".m4a," ".mp4," and ".aac" all set to transcode to LPCM.

When I play an Apple Lossless song, everything works fine in both Xbox 360 and PS3. When I play an AAC song, I don't get any sound on either one. The Xbox 360 sits at 0:00 in the song for about 15 seconds then comes up with the little "data not supported" symbol. The PS3 just sits at 0:00 indefinitely.

I have the August 11 beta for WHS installed. I'm upgrading to the latest and will report back when I try again. I didn't see anything in the release notes about this so I thought I'd mention it.

(I also still don't have playlists working.)

I uninstalled the previous beta, cleared out the library folder to make sure everything was fresh, upgraded to the latest beta, set AAC, M4A, MP4 to all transcode to LPCM, and rebooted the Windows Home Server. After it came back up and had found all the tracks, I tried again...

...and I'm still seeing the issue from my previous post where Apple Lossless appears to work fine but AAC files don't (both have the extension .m4a and are set to transcode to LPCM).

This is a new thing that appeared around the 8/11 beta. I upgraded to that and checked how Apple Lossless worked (because that's always been where the trouble's been for me) and it was fine, so I left it. I didn't use it much so I didn't catch this issue at the time. Went in today and was trying to listen and found it. Upgraded, still no luck.

I've done a clean install of the newest beta version (also deleting old database dir).
    I have one question about the browse tree configuration:

configuring the subtrees

Code:
    Genre
       |
       --Album Artist / Album
          |
          --Album

and

Genre
       |
       --Album Artist
          |
          --Album
    result in the same browse tree in the control point (Asset Control, Kinsky Desktop):
    There is one folder for each Album Artist, clicking into an Album Artist shows all Albums of one ALbum Artist.

How do I use the "Album Artist / Album" element properly?
    I want to configure a browse tree, where I can see all Albums of a Genre sorted by Album Artist in one "view" (I dont want to click on a Album Artist folder to see his Albums)

Regards
    Ebe

Administrator

@tillig

It is actually a bug in how we handle the codec, the next beta will fix.

Code:
    Genre
       |
       --Album Artist / Album
    Should be what you need.

Hello Spoon,

Code:
    Genre
       |
       --Album Artist / Album
    Should be what you need.
    I tried several configurations of "Album Artist / Album": with and without track listing, with and without albums below, but in every case there were only Album Artist folders (with tracks or albums on the levels below, if configured), but only folders and no albums on the "Album Artist / Album" level.
    Is this ok ? I expected albums on the "Album Artist / Album" level.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tillig View Post
    I'm gathering that no one has playlists working from Windows Home Server?
    I will test early this week.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tillig View Post
    I'm gathering that no one has playlists working from Windows Home Server?
    Quote Originally Posted by guybrown View Post
    Hi

I have ripped a lot of my multi-disc albums (using the My Movies CD Ripper for WHS) with the album names as follows:

Dark Magnus, Disk 1
    Dark Magnus, Disk 2

However, Asset UPnP displays the albums as:

Dark Magnus

I assume that Asset UPnP is deciding that it is a multi-disc album and combining them together.

The only problem here is that the Disc number tags are not present (as they are not added by the My Movies CD Ripper for WHS) and all the tracks are mixed up and in the wrong order (i.e disc 1, track 1, disc 2 track 1, disc 1 track 2, etc).

Is there any way to tell Asset UPnP not to do this. I have tried checking and un-checking the "Multi-Disc Albums show as 'Album, Disc x'" option and doing a "Refresh All" but it doesn't seem to have an effect either way!

Please help!

What would be really good is if Asset UPnP could detect the lack of Disc number tags and re-order the tracks according to the ", Disc x" text within the album name! Is that possible?

Thanks

Guy
    It does work, but the tracks have to be tagged correctly, if you have FLAC files then you would have to have a tag:

DISCNUMBER=1
    TOTALDISCS=2

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How are the playlist-features "Top Albums", "Top Artists" etc. supposed to work in V3?
    The only items I will get a proper display with (in Kinsky Desktop, Plugplayer and Songbook) are newly added albums - each album I add to the database gets displayed in "New Albums".
    But with Top Albums or Top Artists, I have never seen a display of the (favs of the day/week...) albums, that currently are played several times a day/per week. That's what this playlist-item used to display in V2, if I remember correctly.
    Same goes for least played albums and the rest of the playlist-features....

It might be interesting to know, that I am using a WHS to store and stream my music, the renderer is a Linn Sneaky. Is this in any way related to the above post of "tillig"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post
    Can confirm NO pause control on Onkyo 906 AVR, using remote, but I do NOT get any on screen messages. Track forward/backward working. Stop playing working. No "pause" or Fast Forward (seek). FLAC files show as WAVE on screen info.

BUT: I see same behavior when playing MP3 tracks, so it may be an Onkyo issue. This on a Mac using Crossover to stream over ethernet cable. I tried installing the 8/24 v3.?, not sure without version numbers on the beta's.
    Pausing and seeking FLAC files on an Onkyo AVR works flawlessly with version 2 of Asset UPnP so it is not an Onkyo issue or should I say it should be possible!

I can confirm that my Onkyo definitely displays FLAC on screen too!

@Spoon - was the debug I posted helpful? I am hoping that the Onkyo/Flac/Pause issue will be fixed before the final release - is that possible?

Thanks

Guy

It does work, but the tracks have to be tagged correctly, if you have FLAC files then you would have to have a tag:

DISCNUMBER=1
    TOTALDISCS=2
    Yeah, that is the problem.

My files don't have the DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS!

I use an automated CD ripper add-in for Home Server called AVA-Media and it does not seem to add the disc number tags which is why I name the album 'Title, Disc 1' and 'Title, Disc 2' to identify the disc!

Unfortunately for me, Asset removes the ', Disc x' part of the album titles.

It is not a real problem - I was just wondering if there was a way to disable this feature - I guess I just have to manually change the tags for my multi disc albums.

Thanks

Guy