title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Re: Asset UPnP v3 Discussions

Hi Spoon,

Things are looking better by the minute (well..), especially since I upgraded from v2.1 to v3 beta a few days ago.
    I had to do that because the 2.1 release showed the artist before the title in the title whenever an album contained tracks with different artists. I mostly listen to classical music and I have tagged the tracks within a multipart work (say a Bach cantata) so that each track lists the singer / choir that actually sings in that aria / chorus in the artist tag. In release 2.1 this leads to overlong track titles such as:
    "Peter Harvey, The English Baroque Soloists, John Eliot Gardiner - BWV 168: 4 Rec (B) 'Jedoch, erschrocknes Herz, leb und verzage nicht!'"
    And even the space on my iPad using Chorus DSHD is not sufficient then!
    And it's silly anyway because the artist info is displayed in the artist field also, just below the track title!

Now somewhere in this forum I read a post by you that said the beta v3 release fixed this by enabling the user to disable this 'helper'.
    And so it did.

But now I've run into two new problems:
    1. The composer field in the Chorus DSHD no longer shows any information. I can still browse by composer etc, that all works fine. But once the music has been chosen and is playing, the composer info seems to be lost, while it used to be there in the 2.1 release. Any ideas?
    (By the way I stream to a Linn DS Akurate from a Synology DS 408.)

2. Whenever an album contains tracks by different artists (which happens a lot in my collection, see above) the artist field in Chorus DS shows the Album Artist instead of the Artist. Is this someting I can fix with a setting? Regrettably, I haven't been able to find that out myself.

Thanks for all your wonderful work sofar!

Regards,

Hans Valeton

Hi Spoon,

yes, I know, I'm impatient - and I assume that lots of forum members are waiting for v3 Final. Because about two weeks ago you said in the "Asset UPnP v3" thread:

Update 29th September

Asset has reached Release Candidate 1 status, that is developments have frozen and all being well will go to full release in under 2 weeks.
    So... can you tell us anything about the "final" release date?

DrFink

I have been over the past few months attempting to get all of my ID tags in order on my Database which was originally on a Mac and managed through iTunes.

The DB was copied to a hardware mirrored disk on a Windows 7 PC and was in a shocking state after loading asset and viewing through ChorusDS. Gradually, I have sorted most of it so that there are no unnecessary duplicates and that all of the artwork displays.

However, I have found that Asset UPNP, though in my experience the best of these UPNP servers is still a bit flaky, so I have now been experimenting with your new version Beta 3...

It's quick and more responsive, but there is a problem that was not there under 2.1 and I wonder whether you have an explanation. When loading or refreshing the DB, it fails at 13080 records... Every time and I have to run detecting changes to account for the next 10000 records. The failure reports something like "umedia library has stopped functioning" close or report this fault.

The other problem that I am not coping with is the multiple artist type album, it doesn't seem to matter whether the artist name is tagged under artist or album artist, I still get several albums of the same name with just a couple of tracks on each one. Do you have a document somewhere on your website (I have failed to find one!) which explains to the similarly challenged just how to tag this type of album?

Many thanks.

Administrator

Asset v3 is being prepared for release.

Majik - in Asset Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> enable the debug option (it is in the general settings box), then restart your computer and trigger a full rescan (refresh all) so that it crashes. Look in the debug log and copy to this forum the last 50 lines from the log (or so).

You also need to set Compilation to 1 for albums with different artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Majik - in Asset Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> enable the debug option (it is in the general settings box), then restart your computer and trigger a full rescan (refresh all) so that it crashes. Look in the debug log and copy to this forum the last 50 lines from the log (or so).

You also need to set Compilation to 1 for albums with different artists.
    Hi Spoon,

Below are the last 50 lines of the log as requested... Weirdly this time it ran as far as 13120. I hope this is of use and thanks for your attention.

Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\01 Unforgettable.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\02 (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\03 Orange Colored Sky.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\04 Mona Lisa.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\05 Walkin` My Baby Back Home.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\06 Straighten Up And Fly Right.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\07 Send For Me.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\08 Looking Back.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\09 You Call It Madness (But I Call It Love).m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\10 (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\11 Nature Boy.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\12 Ramblin` Rose.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\13 Pretend.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\14 Too Young.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\15 Somewhere Along The Way.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\16 Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\17 Smile.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\18 Darling, Je Vous Amie Beaucoup.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\19 Answer Me, My Love.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\20 A Blossom Fell.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\21 If I May.m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Nat King Cole\Greatest Hits\22 Unforgettable (Duet With Natalie Cole).m4a
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\03 Beloved Wife.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\04 River.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\05 Carnival.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\06 I May Know the Word.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\07 The Letter.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\08 Cowboy Romance.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\09 Jealousy.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\10 Where I Go.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\11 Seven Years.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\San Andreas Fault.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Natalie Merchant\Tigerlily\Wonder.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\01 If I Don't See You Again.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\02 Pretty Amazing Grace.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\03 Don't Go There.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\04 Another Day (That Time Forgot).mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\05 One More Bite Of The Apple.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\06 Forgotten.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\07 Act Like A Man.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\08 Whose Hands Are These.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\09 No Words.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\10 The Power Of Two.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Diamond\Home Before Dark\12 Home Before Dark.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\_Archives Vol 1(Cd5-Live at the Fillmore East 1970)\01 Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\_Archives Vol 1(Cd5-Live at the Fillmore East 1970)\02 Winterlong.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\_Archives Vol 1(Cd5-Live at the Fillmore East 1970)\03 Down by the River.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\_Archives Vol 1(Cd5-Live at the Fillmore East 1970)\04 Wonderin'.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\_Archives Vol 1(Cd5-Live at the Fillmore East 1970)\05 Come On Baby Let's Go Downtown.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\_Archives Vol 1(Cd5-Live at the Fillmore East 1970)\06 Cowgirl in the Sand.flac
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\01 Tell Me Why.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\02 After The Goldrush.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\03 Only Love Can Break Your Heart.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\04 Southern Man.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\05 Till The Morning Comes.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\06 Oh, Lonesome Me.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\07 Don't Let It Bring You Down.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\08 Birds.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\09 When You Dance I Can Really Love.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\10 I Believe In You.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\After The Gold Rush\11 Cripple Creek Ferry.mp3
    Adding New Track: D:\Music\Neil Young\American stars 'n bars\01 - The Old Country Waltz.flac

Also, please could you explain what you mean by setting Compilation to 1?

Best wishes

Administrator

Add a compilation ID Tag and set it to 1, to mark the album as a compilation album.

Please rerun the scan and have it crash again, does it crash on the same file?

Add a compilation ID Tag and set it to 1, to mark the album as a compilation album.

Please rerun the scan and have it crash again, does it crash on the same file?
    Hi Spoon,

I have re-run the refresh and oddly it crashed at 13080 this time. However, the output now looks different:

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 0 5 T i g e r I n Y o u r T a n k . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 0 6 I F e e l S o G o o d . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 0 7 I ' v e G o t M y M o j o W o r k i n g . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 0 8 I ' v e G o t M y M o j o W o r k i n g , P a r t . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 0 9 G o o d b y e N e w p o r t B l u e s . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 1 0 I G o t M y B r a n d O n Y o u ( M o n o ) . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 1 1 S o o n F o r g o t t e n ( M o n o ) . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 1 2 T i g e r I n Y o u r T a n k ( M o n o ) . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ A t N e w p o r t \ 1 3 M e a n e s t W o m a n ( M o n o ) . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 1 M y H o m e I s I n T h e D e l t a . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 2 L o n g D i s t a n c e . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 3 M y C a p t a i n . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 4 G o o d M o r n i n g L i t t l e S c h o o l G i r . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 5 Y o u G o n n a N e e d M y H e l p . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 6 C o l d W e a t h e r B l u e s . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 7 B i g L e g W o m a n . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 8 C o u n t r y B o y . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 0 9 F e e l L i k e G o i n g H o m e . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 1 0 T h e S a m e T h i n g . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 1 1 Y o u C a n ' t L o s e W h a t Y o u N e v e r . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 1 2 M y J o h n T h e C o n q u e r e r R o o t . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 1 3 S h o r t D r e s s W o m a n . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ F o l k S i n g e r \ 1 4 P u t M e I n Y o u r L a y A w a y . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 1 M a n n i s h B o y . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 2 S h e ` s N i n e t e e n Y e a r s O l d . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 3 N i n e B e l o w Z e r o . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 4 S t r e a m l i n e W o m a n . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 5 H o w l i n g W o l f . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 6 B a b y P l e a s e D o n ` t G o . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 7 D e e p D o w n I n F l o r i d a . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 8 M e d l e y - A f t e r H o u r s , s t o r m y M o n d a y B l u e s . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 0 9 T r o u b l e N o M o r e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 0 C h a m p a g n e & R e e f e r . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 1 C o r r i n a , C o r r i n a . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 2 H o o c h i e C o o c h i e M a n . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 3 S h e M o v e s M e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 4 K a n s a s C i t y . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 5 P i n e t o p ` s B o o g i e W o o g i e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 6 M a d L o v e ( I W a n t Y o u T o L o v e M e ) . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 7 E v e r y t h i n g ` s G o n n a B e A l r i g h t . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ M u d d y ` M i s s i s s i p p i ` W a t e r s L i v e - D e l u x e E d i t i o n \ 1 8 G o t M y M o j o W o r k i n g . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 1 T e l l M e B a b y . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 2 S o u t h b o u n d T r a i n . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 3 W h e n I G e t T o T h i n k i n g . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 4 J u s t A D r e a m O n M y M i n d . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 5 D o u b l e T r o u b l e . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 6 I F e e l S o G o o d . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 7 B a b y , I D o n e G o t W i s e . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 8 M o p p e r ' s B l u e s . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 0 9 L o n e s o m e R o a d B l u e s . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ M u d d y W a t e r s \ S i n g s B i g B i l l B r o o n z y \ 1 0 H e y , H e y . m p 3

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 1 U n f o r g e t t a b l e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 2 ( G e t Y o u r K i c k s O n ) R o u t e 6 6 . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 3 O r a n g e C o l o r e d S k y . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 4 M o n a L i s a . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 5 W a l k i n ` M y B a b y B a c k H o m e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 6 S t r a i g h t e n U p A n d F l y R i g h t . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 7 S e n d F o r M e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 8 L o o k i n g B a c k . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 0 9 Y o u C a l l I t M a d n e s s ( B u t I C a l l I t L o v e ) . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 0 ( I L o v e Y o u ) F o r S e n t i m e n t a l R e a s o n s . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 1 N a t u r e B o y . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 2 R a m b l i n ` R o s e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 3 P r e t e n d . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 4 T o o Y o u n g . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 5 S o m e w h e r e A l o n g T h e W a y . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 6 T h o s e L a z y - H a z y - C r a z y D a y s O f S u m m e r . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 7 S m i l e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 8 D a r l i n g , J e V o u s A m i e B e a u c o u p . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 1 9 A n s w e r M e , M y L o v e . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 2 0 A B l o s s o m F e l l . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 2 1 I f I M a y . m 4 a

A d d i n g N e w T r a c k : D : \ M u s i c \ N a t K i n g C o l e \ G r e a t e s t H i t s \ 2 2 U n f o r g e t t a b l e ( D u e t W i t h N a t a l i e C o l e ) . m 4 a

Also, I gather you mean that adding a tag for compilation = 1 means using the Windows tag editor... I have done this and there was no difference, I am still getting multiple albums with one or several tracks by the same artist, but all called by the same album name. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but should the variable be set in "album artist" or "artist"? Currently, I have the artists listed under "album artist" and Various artists listed under "artist".

kind regards

Steve.

Have just upgraded WHS Asset Vbeta3 to R3. Set it rescanning the music folder on my NAS ( Acer Homestore) . It seems rather slow. Has to scan 22,000 tracks, has taken about an hour and a half to do 800.

Is this to be expected? The Acer NAS has a 1.6GHz Atom processor. This is the first time I have rescanned. In the past tracks were 'added' in Asset as each CD was ripped so I don't know how long it would have taken with V beta 3.

Geoff

Administrator

It is possible that the speed is half an hour for 1000 tracks on an atom.

Administrator

majik:

Please send an email:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

With reference to your post, we can create a debug version of the program which when it crashes will tell us where it is crashing, please also include which Windows version you are running.

If you install dBpoweramp Music Converter this will show exact what tags there are and allow to edit on right click audio track >> edit ID Tags, you should have an 'Album Artist' tag set to the main artist for the whole album.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Bringing up my post in this thread about "recent/Top albums/artists", again: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...&postcount=217

After upgrading to V3 Final (completely uninstalled Asset, deleted all user directories, databases etc., installing default installation without any special "adaptations" and doing a full database rebuild that way) I still am not getting any entries in the playlist entries of "recent // top tracks/albums/artists".
    After having installed Asset, I looked right away, whether there was a AssetPrevPlayedv3.bin present - there was none. Even after playing some albums, there was no such file created/present.
    Also, all playcounts in Asset's database stayed at 0.

The only playlist-features, that work, are recently added albums and the "random" selection.

Asset is running as the WHS version on a Windows Home Server, files are played with a Linn Sneaky DS, selection is done either with Songbook DS, Plugplayer, Asset Control or Linn Kinsky Desktop.
    Music is stored mostly as flac, but also mp3-files seem not to be "counted".
    There is no conversion to wav selected at the moment, all files are played back natively.

Any idea, how I can make these features work? Thanks!

Administrator

How is asset running? as a service?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How is asset running? as a service?
    Yes, it's definitely running as a service. I can see that, when remote-desktopping into my WHS.

I installed Asset like one needs to install a WHS-version:

- put the PROPER VERSION (.msi) into \\Software\Add-Ins
    - open the console, go into settings / available Add-ins and install it from there

Additionally, before I installed the V3 final, I deinstalled V3 beta completely and properly, logged into the WHS via Remote Desktop and made sure, all traces from the beta-version including folders, databases etc. were removed (as mentioned above - so you can call it a fresh install).

Administrator

Which folder is the database in on your WHS?