title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset Control Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pollensa1946
    • Jul 2010

Re: Asset Control Discussions

BTW... let me add that once the Windows XP controls are tidied up this is the best control point I have come across.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I have a feeling that it is something network related, difficult to diagnose what the cause is.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Pollensa1946
        • Jul 2010

I would agree.
        BTW...any help on that .bat question, or do I need to rename Asset Control.exe everytime I install ?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

start /d "C:\Program Files\dBpowerAMP Music Converter\Asset Control\Asset Control.exe"
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Pollensa1946
            • Jul 2010

Yes I agree, seems obvious doesn't it. But (on my system anyway) it does not work. I get a DOS window flashes up then disappears.

Comment

• Pollensa1946
              • Jul 2010

There are a couple of problem track transitions in Asset Control.
              1) Set up a playlist and play it, then clear the playlist and exit the program.
              On invoking the program again the last played track, in the playlist that has
              been cleared, starts playing again. I think this is because I did not STOP
              the track before clearing the playlist.
              2) Sometimes in a playlist the display moves to the next track to be played
              (highlights it) but the previously played track is repeated. You have to
              double-click the new highlighted track several times to get the player to
              switch to that song.

Comment

• Pollensa1946
                • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Pollensa1946
                Yes I agree, seems obvious doesn't it. But (on my system anyway) it does not work. I get a DOS window flashes up then disappears.
                I finally got it working with...
                CD "C:\Program Files\dBpowerAMP Music Converter\Asset Control"
                start "" "uPlayer.exe"
                start "" "Asset Control.exe"

Comment

• Pollensa1946
                  • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Pollensa1946
                  There are a couple of problem track transitions in Asset Control.
                  1) Set up a playlist and play it, then clear the playlist and exit the program.
                  On invoking the program again the last played track, in the playlist that has
                  been cleared, starts playing again. I think this is because I did not STOP
                  the track before clearing the playlist.
                  2) Sometimes in a playlist the display moves to the next track to be played
                  (highlights it) but the previously played track is repeated. You have to
                  double-click the new highlighted track several times to get the player to
                  switch to that song.
                  I hope you can replicate problem (2) because it is a real pain having to continually jump in to fix the playlist when listening to music while working.

Comment

• AndrewFG
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • May 2010

I tested Asset Control with my media server, and it shows the "red circle with cross" against all music tracks. Attached below is a debug listing for just one of the tracks. => Can you please say why Asset Control does not like this?

Code:
                    OnBrowse Item:<DIDL-Lite xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/"><item id="track_id:7942" parentID="album_id:554" restricted="1">
                    <dc:title>Act III - March with a side drum</dc:title>
                    <upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class>
                    <res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/L16;rate=44100;channels=2:DLNA.ORG_PN=LPCM;DLNA.ORG_CI=0" size="7916047" duration="0:01:35.000" bitrate="82375" sampleFrequency="44100" bitsPerSample="16">http://192.168.1.100:31415/stream/music.l16?track_id:7942</res>
                    <res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/mp4:DLNA.ORG_PN=M4A;DLNA.ORG_CI=0" size="7916047" duration="0:01:35.000" bitrate="82375" sampleFrequency="44100" bitsPerSample="16">http://192.168.1.100:31415/stream/music.m4a?track_id:7942</res>
                    <res protocolInfo="http-get:*:audio/mpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=MP3;DLNA.ORG_CI=1" duration="0:01:35.000">http://192.168.1.100:31415/stream/music.mp3?track_id:7942</res>
                    <dc:creator>Thomas Arne</dc:creator>
                    <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Thomas Arne</upnp:artist>
                    <upnp:artist role="Performer">Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment</upnp:artist>
                    <upnp:artist role="Performer"> Nicholas Kraemer</upnp:artist>
                    <upnp:author role="Composer">Thomas Arne</upnp:author>
                    <upnp:genre>Classical</upnp:genre>
                    <dc:date>1995-01-01</dc:date>
                    <upnp:album>Alfred</upnp:album>
                    <upnp:originalTrackNumber>12</upnp:originalTrackNumber>
                    <upnp:albumArtURI dlna:profileID="JPEG_SM" xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:metadata-1-0/">http://192.168.1.100:9000/music/7931/cover.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI>
                    </item></DIDL-Lite>

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

What is the media server?

The red cross means Asset cannot find a compatible format from the server and playback device, I would need to see earlier in the log where the playback device registers with Asset Control and advertises its formats.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndrewFG
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
                        What is the media server?
                        It's my own (Whitebear Media Server) ...

The red cross means Asset cannot find a compatible format from the server and playback device, I would need to see earlier in the log where the playback device registers with Asset Control and advertises its formats.
                        Unfortunately the debug log only shows the "ContentDirectory::Browse" actions.

Also I don't really understand what you mean by "registers with Asset Control" and "advertises its formats": Are you referring to its SSDP Alive notifications and/or the Device Description resp. Service Description documents?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Which Audio Render (player) are you using?
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AndrewFG
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • May 2010

Which Audio Render (player) are you using?
                            I am using WMP for testing purposes.
                            But anyway I managed to fix the problem myself. Sorry for distrubing you.

Comment

• ScribeTribe
                              • Jul 2010

New Asset UPnP and Asset Control user here. And a recent defector from Twonky.
                              Thanks to Pollensa1948 for the info on the batch file to autostart uPlayer along with Asset Control.
                              Spoon, I hope you'll continue to develop Asset Control and hopefully an iPad control point version as well. Love the current look and (fast) feel of Asset Control.
                              Three requests for Control:
                              1. Renderer (uPlayer or other?) should autostart with Control without users needing to create a .bat file.
                              2. Need the ability to define a Default Zone.
                              3. Enable Back/Forward mouse clicks to navigate the Library hierarchy much more quickly. (Users with large monitors like mine need to travel "long-screen" to the lower left to navigate the Library. Would much rather just back-click on my mouse.)

Thanks,
                              Dan

Comment

• Pollensa1946
                                • Jul 2010

Is it possible to play Internet Radio stations thru uPlayer, either using Asset Control or Kinsky Desktop ?
                                I've tried every which way to get pls or m3u radio files to play with no success.

Comment

Working...

]]>